What is Horizen?
Horizen is dedicated to empowering human beings and bringing the world together by constructing an inclusive and equitable ecosystem where everybody is directly rewarded for their contributions. According to Horizen's team, Horizen's scaling and sidechain solution is the first fully customizable and decentralized sidechain protocol available on the market. The Horizen sidechain platform was engineered to allow developers and businesses alike to affordably and efficiently generate blockchain applications on Horizen's well-secure architecture.
The platform was launched in May of 2017 and allows for real-life uses beyond just its native cryptocurrency ZEN. ZEN is a mineable PoW coin accessible on major crypto exchanges. Users can transact and store ZEN through Horizen's flagship app securely, Sphere by Horizen, a wallet with various functions that can incorporate into Horizen’s services and products. Horizen's community spans the globe, including a team of over 50 professionals along with a roadmap spurred by ongoing investments in research and development.
Sidechains are an invention designed to climb over current limits on scalability in blockchain. Sidechains are a parallel platform offering desired features to supplement the mainchain's capabilities without imposing a significant burden. Zendoo, Horizon's sidechain platform, allows for private or public blockchains' deployment in a scalable way. All of the components necessary to build a fully customizable and totally decentralized blockchain are provided by Horizen's Sidechain SDK. Zendoo extends the Horizen network from just being a cryptocurrency to also serving as a privacy-preserving platform that scales for commercial applications.
Horizen's multi-tiered node system is the biggest incentivized node network in the industry. Node operators receive 20% of the total block subsidy, while Horizen's widespread geographical node network offers the necessary infrastructure to operate a platform of side chains and applications.
Looking for more crypto news? Check out Crypto.co today!
What are Horizen Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Horizen (ZEN) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Horizen currently ranks in position 106 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Horizen‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Horizen has a market cap of $ 939,111,441, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,195,559,647,575, Litecoin at $ 18,490,426,662, Ethereum at $ 273,124,157,164, Tether at $ 45,888,879,484, and XRP at $ 87,861,259,491.
What is the price of Horizen (ZEN) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Horizen is $ 85.76 in USD. (The price in Euros is 72,14 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00133700 BTC.)
What is Horizen‘s (ZEN) market supply?
The total available supply of Horizen is 10,971,763 ZEN. The total supply of Horizen is 21,000,000 ZEN.
What is the 24 hour volume for Horizen (ZEN)?
The 24 hour volume for Horizen is $ 103,457,742.
How has Horizen (ZEN) performed recently?
Horizen‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 9.38%. This compares with a seven day change of 25.77%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 103,457,742. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Horizen (ZEN) official website?
Links to Horizen‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Horizen (ZEN) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Horizen has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Horizen (ZEN)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Record $8B open interest on Ethereum futures shows the pros are 'here'Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoAnalysts say billion-dollar liquidations are less of a risk even as the open interest on Ethereum futures hit a new high at $8 billion. The…
- Lockheed Martin adopts blockchain for supply chain management in SwitzerlandCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe defense contractor has secured access to SyncFab’s supplier intelligence platform to help manage OEMs in Switzerland. United States aerospace and defense contractor Lockheed Martin…
- Dogecoin (DOGE) hits a new ATH as Bitcoin bulls try to flip $63K to supportCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoDogecoin rallied to a new all-time high as mainstream interest in cryptocurrency grows and the total crypto market capitalization tops $2.19 trillion. The price of…
- NFTs by mail? US Postal Service plans to support postage tokensCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoThe government agency reported $73.1 billion in revenue from postage and other services in the 2020 fiscal year. The United States Postal Service will soon…
- DeFi mutual fund Sheesha Finance raises $9.4MCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoSheesha is attempting to make DeFi projects more accessible to mainstream users. Sheesha Finance, a decentralized finance mutual fund based in the United Arab Emirates,…