What is Zcash?
Zcash has one primary goal, and that is privacy. The majority of the cryptocurrencies on the market make your transactions trackable, and Zcash has found a way to shore up this weakness in the crypto space.
They accomplish this by hiding the address of people who have their wallet addresses marked as private. The blocks on the Zcash blockchain can still be mined and verified like most other cryptocurrencies, but the private users are shielded from being audited or viewed during or after their transaction.
Surprisingly Zcash has also kept their transaction speeds down despite the extra layer of security. Their popularity has allowed them to expand their platform and keep up with the transaction speeds of two days or less.
We know the point of cryptocurrency is to keep things public and have every transaction auditable, but Zcash is taking the more traditional approach that banks have where all your money is your business.
The core of Zcash is still Bitcoin’s code, so you know that it is a protocol you can trust that is familiar. Zcash can be used to purchase goods or services just like Bitcoin, and the only significant difference is that Zcash keeps you anonymous.
This makes Zcash extremely useful for government projects, police stations, banks, and other systems that need to keep their money confidential for compliance. This cryptocurrency has remained in the top fifty traded currencies for years, and it is because they provide a quality product that people need.
This popularity makes it extremely easy to trade, and its consistency has made it a stable investment for many in the crypto space. Zcash has been one of the top currencies, and it is for a reason.
What are Zcash Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Zcash (ZEC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zcash currently ranks in position 49 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Zcash‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zcash has a market cap of $ 872,105,202, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 582,997,646,083, Litecoin at $ 8,442,933,789, Ethereum at $ 146,811,638,982, Tether at $ 25,472,772,366, and XRP at $ 11,678,253,491.
What is the price of Zcash (ZEC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zcash is $ 81.22 in USD. (The price in Euros is 66,88 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00259000 BTC.)
What is Zcash‘s (ZEC) market supply?
The total available supply of Zcash is 10,737,695 ZEC. The total supply of Zcash is 21,000,000 ZEC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zcash (ZEC)?
The 24 hour volume for Zcash is $ 871,264,984.
How has Zcash (ZEC) performed recently?
Zcash‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -5.35%. This compares with a seven day change of -17.80%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 871,264,984. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Zcash (ZEC) official website?
Links to Zcash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Zcash (ZEC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Zcash has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Zcash (ZEC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- As Bitcoin price sees sub-$30K, do bears control the BTC market now?Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin dropped below $30,000 in a quick swoop on the third retest in two weeks of the support area. In the past…
- Apple updates iOS to fix crypto wallet security vulnerabilitiesCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoCoinbase’s head engineer is warning iOS users to update their mobile devices as soon as possible. Apple has issued new security updates for its mobile…
- Following in Grayscale's footsteps, new Bitcoin trust goes public in CanadaCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoThe investment firm said it had no plans to sell shares of its Bitcoin trust in the U.S. Canada-based investment manager Ninepoint Partners has launched…
- Bitcoin price drops under $30K as 'moment of truth' arrives, says traderCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoBitcoin price action mimics recent lows, but traders are all focused on GameStop and the power of crowd investment. Bitcoin (BTC) retested the $30,000 support…
- Bitmain's Antminer says Bitcoin rig sales won’t be affected by CEO departureCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoAfter corporate infighting temporarily halted chip shipments in 2020, Bitmain’s Antminer team says business will resume as normal following former CEO Jihan Wu’s departure. Bitcoin…