What is Zcash?
Zcash has one primary goal, and that is privacy. The majority of the cryptocurrencies on the market make your transactions trackable, and Zcash has found a way to shore up this weakness in the crypto space.
They accomplish this by hiding the address of people who have their wallet addresses marked as private. The blocks on the Zcash blockchain can still be mined and verified like most other cryptocurrencies, but the private users are shielded from being audited or viewed during or after their transaction.
Surprisingly Zcash has also kept their transaction speeds down despite the extra layer of security. Their popularity has allowed them to expand their platform and keep up with the transaction speeds of two days or less.
We know the point of cryptocurrency is to keep things public and have every transaction auditable, but Zcash is taking the more traditional approach that banks have where all your money is your business.
The core of Zcash is still Bitcoin’s code, so you know that it is a protocol you can trust that is familiar. Zcash can be used to purchase goods or services just like Bitcoin, and the only significant difference is that Zcash keeps you anonymous.
This makes Zcash extremely useful for government projects, police stations, banks, and other systems that need to keep their money confidential for compliance. This cryptocurrency has remained in the top fifty traded currencies for years, and it is because they provide a quality product that people need.
This popularity makes it extremely easy to trade, and its consistency has made it a stable investment for many in the crypto space. Zcash has been one of the top currencies, and it is for a reason.
What are Zcash Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Zcash (ZEC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zcash currently ranks in position 80 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Zcash‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zcash has a market cap of $ 1,371,169,825, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 805,936,265,176, Litecoin at $ 10,726,928,646, Ethereum at $ 352,124,841,828, Tether at $ 70,101,957,195, and XRP at $ 43,926,638,788.
What is the price of Zcash (ZEC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zcash is $ 118.01 in USD. (The price in Euros is 100,64 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00275900 BTC.)
What is Zcash‘s (ZEC) market supply?
The total available supply of Zcash is 11,597,042 ZEC. The total supply of Zcash is 21,000,000 ZEC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zcash (ZEC)?
The 24 hour volume for Zcash is $ 404,174,097.
How has Zcash (ZEC) performed recently?
Zcash‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -11.07%. This compares with a seven day change of -7.97%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 404,174,097. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Zcash (ZEC) official website?
Links to Zcash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Zcash (ZEC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Zcash has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Zcash (ZEC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Here's why Bitcoin might be safe from a global stock market crisisCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoBTC’s lack of integration with traditional finance and its inability to be forcefully sold to cover financial losses mean the price might not ‘collapse’ if…
- Ethereum killers or just pretenders? But Ether remains king for nowCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe issue of high gas fees rears its head up for the Ethereum community yet again as “Ethereum killer” networks continue to gain more attention.…
- Cardano price dips after smart contract launch, Walmart working with Litecoin is fake news, Coinbase raises $2B from junk-bond sale: Hodler’s Digest, Sept. 12-18Cointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Bitcoin is great, but real crypto innovation has moved elsewhereCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin will always be the boss, but the real innovative and groundbreaking developments are happening in layer-2 solutions, DAOs, NFTs with utility and the emerging…
- 100 years ago, Henry Ford proposed ‘energy currency’ to replace goldCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin appears to meet the definition of an energy-backed currency proposed by the famed American inventor during the interbellum period. In 1921, American industrialist Henry…