What is Zcash?
Zcash has one primary goal, and that is privacy. The majority of the cryptocurrencies on the market make your transactions trackable, and Zcash has found a way to shore up this weakness in the crypto space.
They accomplish this by hiding the address of people who have their wallet addresses marked as private. The blocks on the Zcash blockchain can still be mined and verified like most other cryptocurrencies, but the private users are shielded from being audited or viewed during or after their transaction.
Surprisingly Zcash has also kept their transaction speeds down despite the extra layer of security. Their popularity has allowed them to expand their platform and keep up with the transaction speeds of two days or less.
We know the point of cryptocurrency is to keep things public and have every transaction auditable, but Zcash is taking the more traditional approach that banks have where all your money is your business.
The core of Zcash is still Bitcoin’s code, so you know that it is a protocol you can trust that is familiar. Zcash can be used to purchase goods or services just like Bitcoin, and the only significant difference is that Zcash keeps you anonymous.
This makes Zcash extremely useful for government projects, police stations, banks, and other systems that need to keep their money confidential for compliance. This cryptocurrency has remained in the top fifty traded currencies for years, and it is because they provide a quality product that people need.
This popularity makes it extremely easy to trade, and its consistency has made it a stable investment for many in the crypto space. Zcash has been one of the top currencies, and it is for a reason.
What are Zcash Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Zcash (ZEC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zcash currently ranks in position 56 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Zcash‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zcash has a market cap of $ 2,933,314,047, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 882,148,765,681, Litecoin at $ 20,239,946,310, Ethereum at $ 418,953,955,350, Tether at $ 58,337,947,836, and XRP at $ 67,478,809,033.
What is the price of Zcash (ZEC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zcash is $ 263.68 in USD. (The price in Euros is 218,21 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00559900 BTC.)
What is Zcash‘s (ZEC) market supply?
The total available supply of Zcash is 11,100,551 ZEC. The total supply of Zcash is 21,000,000 ZEC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zcash (ZEC)?
The 24 hour volume for Zcash is $ 1,755,533,357.
How has Zcash (ZEC) performed recently?
Zcash‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.15%. This compares with a seven day change of -17.02%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,755,533,357. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Zcash (ZEC) official website?
Links to Zcash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Zcash (ZEC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Zcash has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Zcash (ZEC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Solana pumps to all-time high as Bitcoin, altcoins lagCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoSOL was one of the top-performing cryptocurrencies on Sunday, outperforming Bitcoin and Ethereum by a considerable margin. Solana’s native SOL token is charting new highs…
- The regulators are coming for crypto: What investors need to knowCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoIncreasingly sophisticated and constructive regulation of digital assets promotes innovation and helps economies to flourish. Just this week, Ether (ETH) breached the $4,000 mark while…
- Inflation winds stiffen as Bitcoin ballast on balance sheets proves its valueCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoFirms with iconoclastic leaders, like Musk and Dorsey, “would be the most likely to take the plunge” and commit sizable cash balances to crypto. As…
- FATF draft guidance targets DeFi with complianceCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe final guidance expected to be issued by the FATF this summer might determine the next chapter for the decentralized finance space. The decentralized finance,…
- Defying COVID-19: Blockchain events make an in-person returnCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoDue to the pandemic, many global events have been canceled, but some conferences can still be visited in 2021. The year 2020, for most of…