What is Zcash?
Zcash has one primary goal, and that is privacy. The majority of the cryptocurrencies on the market make your transactions trackable, and Zcash has found a way to shore up this weakness in the crypto space.
They accomplish this by hiding the address of people who have their wallet addresses marked as private. The blocks on the Zcash blockchain can still be mined and verified like most other cryptocurrencies, but the private users are shielded from being audited or viewed during or after their transaction.
Surprisingly Zcash has also kept their transaction speeds down despite the extra layer of security. Their popularity has allowed them to expand their platform and keep up with the transaction speeds of two days or less.
We know the point of cryptocurrency is to keep things public and have every transaction auditable, but Zcash is taking the more traditional approach that banks have where all your money is your business.
The core of Zcash is still Bitcoin’s code, so you know that it is a protocol you can trust that is familiar. Zcash can be used to purchase goods or services just like Bitcoin, and the only significant difference is that Zcash keeps you anonymous.
This makes Zcash extremely useful for government projects, police stations, banks, and other systems that need to keep their money confidential for compliance. This cryptocurrency has remained in the top fifty traded currencies for years, and it is because they provide a quality product that people need.
This popularity makes it extremely easy to trade, and its consistency has made it a stable investment for many in the crypto space. Zcash has been one of the top currencies, and it is for a reason.
What are Zcash Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Zcash (ZEC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Zcash currently ranks in position 59 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Zcash‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Zcash has a market cap of $ 850,533,961, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 408,869,858,432, Litecoin at $ 4,157,073,469, Ethereum at $ 150,866,128,759, Tether at $ 66,880,965,906, and XRP at $ 17,719,131,368.
What is the price of Zcash (ZEC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Zcash is $ 67.66 in USD. (The price in Euros is 64,30 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00315417 BTC.)
What is Zcash‘s (ZEC) market supply?
The total available supply of Zcash is 12,582,393 ZEC. The total supply of Zcash is 21,000,000 ZEC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Zcash (ZEC)?
The 24 hour volume for Zcash is $ 62,198,586.
How has Zcash (ZEC) performed recently?
Zcash‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -3.34%. This compares with a seven day change of 8.09%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 62,198,586. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Zcash (ZEC) official website?
Links to Zcash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Zcash (ZEC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Zcash has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Zcash (ZEC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitpanda announces layoffs citing no compromise on product qualityCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoWitnessing the crypto crashes over the past several weeks from a front-row seat, Bitpanda made the “tough decision” of cutting down its employee headcount to…
- What is StrongBlock (STRONG) and how does it work?Cointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoStrongblock creates platforms and protocols with the intention of revolutionizing how blockchain networks compensate the nodes that protect and sustain them. The digital financial environment…
- Bitcoin network power demand falls to 10.65GW as hash rate sees 14% dropCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoThe Bitcoin network recorded the year 2022’s lowest power demand of 10.65 gigawatts (GW). At its peak, the BTC network demanded 16.09 GW of power.…
- It seems NFT-themed Bored & Hungry restaurant no longer accepts cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe alleged removal is a bit strange considering Bored and Hungry only opened its doors back in April. The Los Angeles Times reported Friday that…
- Celsius Network hires advisers ahead of potential bankruptcy: ReportCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoRestructuring, bankruptcy, buyouts… media outlets are swarming with different reports on the next steps Celsius may take. Crypto lending platform Celsius Network has reportedly onboarded…