What is Zcash?
Zcash (ZEC) is a coin running on the Zcash blockchain. The main purpose of Zcash is to protect the privacy of its users. Zcash implements the "Zerocash" protocol which offers a high level of privacy. Using the Bitcoin's core code, Zcash implements the decentralized-anonymous-payment scheme. Although transactions are recorded on the blockchain, zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive arguments of knowledge (zk-SNARKs) protocol hide all information about the sender, receiver and amount of transaction. To verify a transactions, a "Zero-knowledge proof" protocol is used. Verification take place without revealing the sender or receiver and transaction size. These three pieces of information are recorded in an encrypted form on the blockchain and are not publicly accessible.
Zcash was founded by Zooko Wilcox, who is also the present CEO. He is known for his contribution to Digicash, ZRTP and SPHINCS. The team consists of 31 members and 6 advisors including Gavin Anderson and Vitalik Buterin. There are 4 members providing outside councilling for this project.
- Historical Data
- 3 reasons Bitcoin suddenly dropped 3% in 1 hour and recoveredCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped over 3% in under an hour after surging to $13,350, but its high time frame log charts remain highly…
- Bitcoin breaking through $12K is huge but don't expect higher prices before 2021Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoBitcoin price may now see sideways action for a few months after breaking through crucial multi-year resistance at $12,000. The previous week has been tremendous…
- Corporate disclosure is the only way to get crypto institutionalizedCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoDisclosure best practices need to be adopted as their lack is holding the industry back. Some people predicted that crypto assets were going to be…
- Gold ‘breaking down’ against Bitcoin is highly bullish for BTC — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoReal Vision Group CEO Raoul Pal says gold is “breaking down” against Bitcoin, a signal that the bullish case for BTC continues to strengthen. Earlier…
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…