What is Waves?
The Waves coin creators have tried to embody the spirit behind the cryptocurrency community. They encourage experimentation and don’t want to limit anyone’s access to their blockchain.
The smart contract that comes with Waves is built to encourage creating programs and applications that are wholly on their blockchain. They have made their language for smart contracts called Ride to facilitate this,
The amount of education they provide to their users and developers is vast so that you know what to do next every step of the way. This makes the Ride language easy to learn and enables developers to integrate it into their products quickly.
Ride does this by having three types of script functionality. The types of scripts they have are dApp scripts, Account scripts, and Asset scripts. This separation of script types makes it simple to understand what other programmers are using when creating their applications.
The way that Wave guarantees security is by using a tried and true proof of stake model. This allows for a comfortable system everyone is familiar with. Wave has innovated the proof-of-stake model as well, though, by having leased proof of stake.
Leased Proof of Stake let users to lease their tokens on nodes within Wave’s network. When leased, the token earns a percentage of the payout from the nodes.
Waves is continually coming up with additional protocols and cooperating with other coin technologies to move forward in the crypto space continuously. They prove this by having one of the fastest, if not the fastest, transaction speed in cryptocurrency.
With this drive and willingness, Waves is a great coin that wants to bring everyone else with it as they grow!
What are Waves Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Waves (WAVES) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Waves currently ranks in position 53 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Waves‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Waves has a market cap of $ 686,718,475, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 650,720,846,596, Litecoin at $ 9,593,933,307, Ethereum at $ 150,140,444,198, Tether at $ 24,782,037,653, and XRP at $ 13,176,629,456.
What is the price of Waves (WAVES) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Waves is $ 6.89 in USD. (The price in Euros is 5,68 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00019800 BTC.)
How has Waves (WAVES) performed recently?
Waves‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -9.53%. This compares with a seven day change of 14.88%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 107,069,882. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Waves (WAVES) official website?
Links to Waves‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Waves (WAVES) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Waves has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Waves (WAVES)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Ford, BMW back blockchain 'birth certificates' to combat used car fraudCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoA global automotive consortium is leveraging blockchain-based “birth certificates” to track the purchase and maintenance history of secondhand vehicles. The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative, or…
- Bitcoin node count hits new all-time highCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoAmid increasing distrust of custodial solutions and recent upgrades to Bitcoin Core, more Bitcoiners are starting to run their own nodes. The number of Bitcoin…
- Is $1 billion a day in volume the 'new normal' for Uniswap?Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoUniswap could be averaging $1 billion in daily trade volume soon with the majority of trades occurring between Ethereum and stablecoins. Leading decentralized exchange, or…
- Asia accounts for almost half of global crypto trading: Messari reportCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoCrypto activity in Asia is equivalent to that in the U.S. and Europe combined. Research by Messari has delved into the Asian crypto landscape and…
- Ripple pins hopes on Biden administration as co-founder sells 28.6M XRPCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoGeneral counsel for Ripple Stu Alderoty predicted Joe Biden’s administration would likely “help level the playing field” for crypto. After ending 2020 facing a lawsuit…