What is Waves?
Waves provides a platform for creating custom tokens, storing and trading them using waves decentralize exchange. It also supports non-Turing complete smart contracts.
Waves platform aims to make crypto mainstream by working with banks and building a mainstream product assisting the crowdfunding of projects. Waves project is currently led by CEO Alexander Ivanov (Sasha), who has extensive prior experience in the field.
Its total supply is 100 million and the company raised 16 million from ICO in 2016. Waves already launched their web and desktop client for creating new tokens and decentralize trading. The project uses the Scorex platform (written in Scala) for their backend and the Waves main net is using the Waves-ng protocol (based on the bitcoin-ng whitepaper). As per company claims waves-ng is one of the fastest protocols with around ~6000 transactions/ sec.
Waves also launched their waves fiat token to deeply integrate fiat currencies with their platform. The Waves fiat token now follows the Ripple gateway approach to integrate fiat and crypto but the team plans to make it a stable coin in future. Waves fiat token is regulation friendly with proper KYC/AML.
- Historical Data
- INX to boost its $117M IPO with token listings on global exchangesCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoRaising $10 million out of $117 million to date, INX expects to finish the IPO by year’s end. INX, a global digital asset trading platform,…
- Russia’s Gazprombank gets green light for crypto custody in SwitzerlandCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoRussian banks tap Bitcoin services abroad while the government at home sees no future for private cryptos. Major private-owned Russian bank Gazprombank has received regulatory…
- New Huawei smartphone will feature a hardware wallet for digital yuanCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe Mate40 series will reportedly enable dual offline transactions and allow users to control anonymity. Huawei has announced that its forthcoming Mate40 smartphone series will…
- Bitcoin just 4 days away from historically bullish $10K price recordCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoIf Bitcoin can stay above $10,000 by the day of the U.S. elections, history suggests that $100,000 is next. Bitcoin (BTC) has spent nearly 100…
- Blockchain could become a part of the US military’s strategic weaponryCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoSIMBA Chain beat competitors such as Boeing by using blockchain to underpin a war games solution for the U.S. Department of Defense. One often hears…