What is Vertcoin?
Vertcoin is a digital currency that can be sent between people over the internet. Vertcoin (VTC) stays true to the original vision of cryptocurrency: a financial system owned by its users, the people’s coin. Vertcoin is not controlled by large banks or mining hardware manufacturers and can be mined by anyone profitably. Fairly distributed without a premine, ICO or airdrop, Vertcoin is developed by community members working as volunteers and the project is wholly funded by donations. A finite resource similar to gold, you can rest assured that Vertcoin will keep your money safe from vested interests and ensure that transaction fees are proportionate and shared between a large number of miners. With Vertcoin, you can truly be your own bank.
Vertcoin’s algorithm is designed to resist the development of custom mining hardware and multipool mining, ensuring that transactions are validated by a widely distributed network and avoiding the selling pressure when large mining pools indiscriminately flood the market with freshly mined coins. Our developers have pledged to take whatever steps are necessary to protect this coin from specialized mining equipment and make sure that it will always be possible to mine with consumer grade hardware. This is great news for miners because it offers the opportunity for all miners to compete fairly with each other, and not have to risk falling victim to unscrupulous hardware manufacturers who may fail to deliver pre-ordered equipment.
What are Vertcoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Vertcoin (VTC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Vertcoin currently ranks in position 702 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Vertcoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Vertcoin has a market cap of $ 43,515,148, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 938,425,542,546, Litecoin at $ 11,111,441,245, Ethereum at $ 520,327,392,709, Tether at $ 77,543,333,784, and XRP at $ 40,251,034,567.
What is the price of Vertcoin (VTC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Vertcoin is $ 0.691047 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,612264 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001389 BTC.)
What is Vertcoin‘s (VTC) market supply?
The total available supply of Vertcoin is 63,005,424 VTC. The total supply of Vertcoin is 84,000,000 VTC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Vertcoin (VTC)?
The 24 hour volume for Vertcoin is $ 632,658.
How has Vertcoin (VTC) performed recently?
Vertcoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -15.14%. This compares with a seven day change of 19.05%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 632,658. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Vertcoin (VTC) official website?
Links to Vertcoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Vertcoin (VTC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Vertcoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Vertcoin (VTC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Animoca Brands' treasury increased in value by 5X over two monthsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe firm has enjoyed tremendous success from its early plays on NFT game platforms and metaverses that provide digital equity to its users. Metaverse and…
- Reddit launches waitlist for site-wide expansion of ‘Community Points’Cointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoReddit has launched a new website allowing mods and users to sign their subreddits up for the new ‘Community Points’ token rewards program. Reddit has…
- 3 reasons why DeFiChain (DFI) price has gained 60% in DecemberCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoIn the last two weeks, DFI price bounced off its swing low and a number of data points suggest the project’s fundamentals will continue to…
- Kickstarter plans to migrate to platform built on Celo blockchainCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours ago“We are entering a significant moment for alternative governance models, and we think there’s an important opportunity to advance these efforts using the blockchain,” said…
- $1.1B in Bitcoin options expire on Friday, but data points to a sub-$55K BTC priceCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoBTC bulls are looking at a $300 million loss after last week’s 11.5% correction set them up as the losers of Dec. 10’s $1.1 billion…