What is USD Coin?
Launched in September 2018 by The Centre Consortium, the USD Coin (USDC) cryptocurrency is a stablecoin backed by the US dollar at a 1:1 ratio. Each token represents a dollar held in reserve in the form of cash or US Treasury bonds.
There are just over 3.08 Billion USDC in circulation, and the coin has a market cap of $3,082,917,675 USD. The USDC coin is traded on several of the large cryptocurrency exchanges.
Creating a Stablecoin
USD Coin was created as a stable currency for crypto traders, allowing businesses to accept digital assets as payment. An ERC-20 token that utilizes open-source smart contracts, USD Coin offers a viable ecosystem that uses real-world currency in blockchain applications.
While there are other stablecoins on the market, USD Coin:
Assures users can use the cryptocurrency without any issues because the circulating supply is backed by regulated and licensed financial institutions, maintaining a reserve that verifies the token’s dollar value.
Complies with regulations, allowing for international expansion.
Offers the speed, openness, and security of a crypto-powered network with the stability of existing central bank money.
Paves the way for making a global digital currency possible because The Centre Consortium is well-funded, giving the stablecoin validity.
The Centre Consortium
Circle and Coinbase founded The Centre Consortium. Circle is a peer-to-peer payment services company, and Coinbase is a cryptocurrency exchange. They recently updated the USDC protocol and smart contract to make it easier for the cryptocurrency to be used for payments and peer-to-peer transactions.
The Centre Consortium operates as an open-source framework that allows members to issue USDC tokens if they meet regulatory compliance and audit requirements. Issuers use the Centre network to verify, mint, and validate USDC tokens that their customers want to purchase, trade, and use.
What are USD Coin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does USD Coin (USDC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, USD Coin currently ranks in position 4 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider USD Coin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. USD Coin has a market cap of $ 53,763,722,312, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 553,164,785,482, Litecoin at $ 4,405,848,045, Ethereum at $ 215,928,663,039, Tether at $ 72,624,791,502, and XRP at $ 18,561,358,464.
What is the price of USD Coin (USDC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of USD Coin is $ 1.00 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,933403 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00003450 BTC.)
What is USD Coin‘s (USDC) market supply?
The total available supply of USD Coin is 53,682,432,831 USDC. The total supply of USD Coin is 53,682,451,487 USDC.
What is the 24 hour volume for USD Coin (USDC)?
The 24 hour volume for USD Coin is $ 3,355,764,261.
How has USD Coin (USDC) performed recently?
USD Coin‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.02%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.04%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,355,764,261. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is USD Coin (USDC) official website?
Links to USD Coin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has USD Coin (USDC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how USD Coin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy USD Coin (USDC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
USD Coin News
- Identity is the antidote for DEXs’ regulation problemCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoRegulations are coming, and DEXs need to step it up to survive, requiring KYC to weather the upcoming regulatory storm. Regulators from Europe, the United…
- SpaceX to follow Tesla in accepting DOGE payments for merch: Elon MuskCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoIf things work out just as planned by the world’s richest man, Musk might eventually start allowing DOGE payments for Starlink subscriptions. Just four months…
- Is there a secure future for cross-chain bridges?Cointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoFor all the flak they have been getting recently, cross-chain bridges bring too much value to the blockchain space to ditch them. The plane touches…
- JPMorgan sees higher BTC price potential, a16z unveils $4.5 billion crypto fund and PayPal hints at more crypto involvement: Hodler’s Digest, May 22-28Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Bitcoin price action decouples from stock markets, but not in a good wayCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoConflicting Bitcoin derivatives data shows leverage traders bullish, while pro traders fear a deeper correction below $29,000. This week the stock markets began to flash…