What is UMA?
The Universal Market Access, or UMA, is a protocol designed to create synthetic assets. Those assets are based on the Ethereum blockchain. Launched in late 2018, UMA allows users to build contracts that are both self-enforcing and self-executing. The contracts are secured by economic incentives on Ethereum.
A Closer Look at UMA
With UMA, counterparties are able to transform financial derivatives to automated digital currency. People often use futures, total return swaps, contracts for differences on UMA. The platform also allows for the creation of other cryptocurrencies.
The founders of UMA are Hart Lambur and Allison Lu. Lambur has a background in computer science and worked as a trader at Goldman Sachs. Meanwhile, Lu has a degree in economics and management. For six years, she was vice president at Goldman Sachs.
The duo created UMA to decentralize the mark centered around financial derivatives. By creating this protocol for making contracts and synthetic assets on blockchain, the creators of UMA democratized the market.
What Makes UMA Unique
In traditional markets, there are significant barriers for those who want to enter. The custody requirements and entry barriers prevent interested parties from becoming involved. For outsiders who want to venture into trading and investing, the financial sector seems too daunting.
Unfortunately, the barriers keep the market from exploding. Only some institutions can afford everything that comes with getting started. However, UMA aims to end that. It fosters involvement and participation on all levels.
The UMA contracts are based on Ethereum, and require no permissions. Anyone can make, trade, or run digital derivatives. Wherever in the world you might be, you can participate. This highly accessible platform makes it easier for weaker financial institutions to grow and develop.
As of October 2020, there were 55 million UMA tokens in circulation. The total supply is 100 million tokens.
What are UMA Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does UMA (UMA) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, UMA currently ranks in position 60 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider UMA‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. UMA has a market cap of $ 562,967,701, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 582,216,925,784, Litecoin at $ 8,428,205,660, Ethereum at $ 146,644,623,714, Tether at $ 25,542,766,130, and XRP at $ 11,680,898,531.
What is the price of UMA (UMA) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of UMA is $ 10.13 in USD. (The price in Euros is 8,34 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00032100 BTC.)
What is UMA‘s (UMA) market supply?
The total available supply of UMA is 55,687,586 UMA. The total supply of UMA is 101,312,217 UMA.
What is the 24 hour volume for UMA (UMA)?
The 24 hour volume for UMA is $ 40,513,221.
How has UMA (UMA) performed recently?
UMA‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.39%. This compares with a seven day change of -11.41%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 40,513,221. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is UMA (UMA) official website?
Links to UMA‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has UMA (UMA) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how UMA has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy UMA (UMA)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- As Bitcoin price sees sub-$30K, do bears control the BTC market now?Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin dropped below $30,000 in a quick swoop on the third retest in two weeks of the support area. In the past…
- Apple updates iOS to fix crypto wallet security vulnerabilitiesCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoCoinbase’s head engineer is warning iOS users to update their mobile devices as soon as possible. Apple has issued new security updates for its mobile…
- Following in Grayscale's footsteps, new Bitcoin trust goes public in CanadaCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe investment firm said it had no plans to sell shares of its Bitcoin trust in the U.S. Canada-based investment manager Ninepoint Partners has launched…
- Bitcoin price drops under $30K as 'moment of truth' arrives, says traderCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitcoin price action mimics recent lows, but traders are all focused on GameStop and the power of crowd investment. Bitcoin (BTC) retested the $30,000 support…
- Bitmain's Antminer says Bitcoin rig sales won’t be affected by CEO departureCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoAfter corporate infighting temporarily halted chip shipments in 2020, Bitmain’s Antminer team says business will resume as normal following former CEO Jihan Wu’s departure. Bitcoin…