What is TRON?
Launched in 2017, TRON is a decentralized blockchain platform built for entertainment and content sharing. Focused on helping content creators connect to their audiences by eliminating commission-based intermediaries, TRON enables developers to create better streaming services and cheaper apps for the consumer.
One of the world’s fastest-growing public blockchain network, TRON has over sixteen million users and 1.3 billion transactions. The TRX token powers the TRON ecosystem of applications and transactions.
The TRON network offers high scalability and effective smart contracts, which enables supporting millions of users. Because TRON can handle 10,000 transactions per second and doesn’t charge transaction fees, it is a popular platform for creating DApps.
TRON TRX has a market cap of just over $1.99 billion and has a circulating supply of almost 71.6 billion TRX. The maximum supply is 100 billion TRX. TRX can be traded on all top cryptocurrency exchanges.
The TRON Decentralized Platform
The TRON architecture is based on a storage layer, core layer, and application layer. The storage layer utilizes Chain and States Storage along with GRPC. The core layer offers smart contracts, a software development kit, and a wallet API for their account users to build DApps and wallets in the application layer.
TRON uses Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) to maximize throughput, where TRX owners can hold their tokens. By holding their tokens, owners can vote for 27 super representatives to be block producers. The block producers verify transactions to earn TRX rewards distributed to them and to TRX owners who voted for that super representative.
TRON governance is implemented through the TRON community and the TRON Foundation. The TRON Foundation is mostly responsible for providing technical support for the network.
What are TRON Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does TRON (TRX) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, TRON currently ranks in position 22 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider TRON‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. TRON has a market cap of $ 2,065,649,126, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 580,282,138,516, Litecoin at $ 8,424,850,670, Ethereum at $ 146,724,163,963, Tether at $ 25,422,039,508, and XRP at $ 11,664,193,282.
What is the price of TRON (TRX) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of TRON is $ 0.028798 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,023715 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000100 BTC.)
What is TRON‘s (TRX) market supply?
The total available supply of TRON is 71,660,220,128 TRX. The total supply of TRON is 100,850,743,812 TRX.
What is the 24 hour volume for TRON (TRX)?
The 24 hour volume for TRON is $ 1,118,955,438.
How has TRON (TRX) performed recently?
TRON‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.48%. This compares with a seven day change of -5.61%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,118,955,438. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is TRON (TRX) official website?
Links to TRON‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has TRON (TRX) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how TRON has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy TRON (TRX)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- GameStop short squeeze highlights the power of decentralizationCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoWhat do the traders on r/WallStreetBets have in common with cryptocurrency traders? Both are using technological breakthroughs to skirt processes inherent in traditional financial systems.…
- Guggenheim says institutional demand not enough to keep BTC above $30KCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoGuggenheim CIO Scott Minerd has made another bearish prediction for short term Bitcoin prices. Guggenheim’s Scott Minerd has come out with another gloomy price outlook…
- Australia's eSafety Commissioner touts blockchain as a solution to trollsCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoAustralia’s eSafety Commissioner has suggested blockchain-based digital IDs as a potential solution to fight online abuse and trolling. Australia’s eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant has…
- Bitcoin price dips below $30K but here’s why pro traders are still bullishCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoData show pro traders are still bullish even as Bitcoin price dips below $30,000 and Friday’s $4 billion BTC options expiry approaches. In the last…
- INX’s acquisition of security token platform OpenFinance almost completeCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoINX has completed all the documents needed to complete its acquisition of security token platform OpenFinance, and is now awaiting regulatory approval. Crypto IPO issuer…