What is Theta Network?
Theta is a peer-to-peer blockchain-powered video streaming network. Users share bandwidth and computing resources on this decentralized network. The Theta project plans to disrupt the existing streaming industry by eliminating barriers between content creators and end-users. It seeks to achieve more efficient, fair, and cost-effective data delivery, edge computing, and video streaming through decentralization. It also seeks to benefit decentralized application developers. The streaming service has benefits on all sides of the spectrum. Increased quality streaming services create a superior experience for viewers. Earnings are greater for content creators. Video platforms will see growing advertising and subscription returns and decreased infrastructure costs. Team Theta hopes to see an overall cost reduction of up to 80 percent.
Security is another key feature of Theta’s system. It hopes to leverage the fact that it is composed of tens of thousands of different nodes to decrease its vulnerability to attack. In more traditional streaming systems, there are fewer interlinked data centers that allow a malicious actor to interfere with delivery by compromising even one of the data centers.
The THETA is also one of two native cryptocurrency tokens on the platform. The other is called Theta Fuel (TFUEL). As with many other proof-of-stake (POS) platforms, the native THETA tokens serve governance functions within the system. It launched as an ERC20 token with a fixed supply of 1 billion tokens. No new Theta tokens will ever be created. This makes it extremely expensive for someone to attempt to compromise the network. The limited supply should also put investors at ease, as dilution will be kept to a minimum. When Theta mainnet launched, the original ERC20 tokens were exchanged for the new governance tokens.
Mitch Liu and Jieyi Long founded Theta together in the year 2018. They launched the product in March of 2019.
What are Theta Network Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Theta Network (THETA) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Theta Network currently ranks in position 22 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Theta Network‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Theta Network has a market cap of $ 2,164,832,866, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 629,693,470,523, Litecoin at $ 9,446,090,253, Ethereum at $ 160,119,227,843, Tether at $ 24,840,993,097, and XRP at $ 12,508,750,384.
What is the price of Theta Network (THETA) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Theta Network is $ 2.16 in USD. (The price in Euros is 1,77 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00006400 BTC.)
How has Theta Network (THETA) performed recently?
Theta Network‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 12.18%. This compares with a seven day change of 8.27%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 199,936,372. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Theta Network (THETA) official website?
Links to Theta Network‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Theta Network (THETA) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Theta Network has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Theta Network (THETA)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Theta Network News
- Bitkub submits improvement plans to Thai SEC and resumes tradingCointelegraph.com News - 48 minutes agoThe regulator had previously suspended the exchange following several brief outages due to extreme volume spikes. Bitkub, Thailand’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, resumed its services on…
- More institutional adoption as Marathon Patent Group purchases $150M in BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoCEO Merrick Okamoto said the crypto purchase would help make Marathon an appealing choice to investors seeking “exposure to this new asset class.” Nevada-based crypto…
- Why traders say Ethereum may see a 'rinse' pullback after breaking its two-year highCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoTraders say ETH price could pull back temporarily after climbing to a new all-time high above $1,470, despite the momentum of Ethereum. Several traders believe…
- Grayscale donates $1M to Coin Center, pledges up to $1M more in matched contributionsCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoGrayscale hopes to build off the success of Kraken’s donate-and-match program from 2018. Grayscale Investments, the world’s largest digital-asset manager, has pledged $1 million to…
- Blockchain-aided voting trials to begin in IndiaCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoBlockchain technology could provide the security needed to expand national voting beyond provincial borders. Trials of blockchain-aided voting in India that would enable voters to…