What is Tezos?
Launched in 2017, Tezos is an open-source blockchain platform for building applications and managing assets. The Tezos network is always current and state-of-the-art because it allows its stakeholders to govern protocol upgrades and implements a self-amendment process to upgrade the entire network.
Because Tezos uses a proof-of-stake (PoS) process called baking. This is different from proof-of-work (PoW), where tokens are mined. As part of the Tezos baking process, delegates who validate a block receive 16 XTZ as a block reward.
Tezos XTZ token, also known as Tez, has a market cap of over $1.5 billion and has a circulating supply of almost 753 million XTZ. XTZ can be traded on all top cryptocurrency exchanges.
A Blockchain Network Using High-Security Smart Contract
Similar in design to Ethereum, Tezos is an open-source blockchain network that utilizes a unique PoS consensus mechanism and a self-amending cryptographic ledger. The Tezos network employs highly secure smart contracts that allow participants to control the network rules directly.
The Tezos smart contracts predominantly use the Michelson language for formal verification. Known to be highly secure, Michelson is the preferred language for nuclear, aerospace, and superconductor industries. Tezos also wrote their own proprietary smart contract language, LIGO, which is more efficient than Michelson and allows for extended contracts.
A Unique Governance Mechanism
To incentivize users, Tezos allows all token holders to participate and vote to agree on all proposed protocol amendments. Tezos then uses self-amendment to upgrade the network without splitting the network into different blockchains.
Token holders who improve the protocol are rewarded with XTZ tokens to encourage participation, which decentralizes network maintenance. This reward system incentivizes users to develop and use the Tezos ecosystem.
What are Tezos Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Tezos (XTZ) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Tezos currently ranks in position 47 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Tezos‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Tezos has a market cap of $ 931,743,514, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 328,706,235,941, Litecoin at $ 5,835,404,458, Ethereum at $ 152,503,454,624, Tether at $ 65,563,980,442, and XRP at $ 19,749,730,988.
What is the price of Tezos (XTZ) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Tezos is $ 1.02 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,969561 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00005985 BTC.)
What is Tezos‘s (XTZ) market supply?
The total available supply of Tezos is 910,823,405 XTZ. The total supply of Tezos is 0 XTZ.
What is the 24 hour volume for Tezos (XTZ)?
The 24 hour volume for Tezos is $ 15,502,264.
How has Tezos (XTZ) performed recently?
Tezos‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 1.66%. This compares with a seven day change of 3.26%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 15,502,264. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Tezos (XTZ) official website?
Links to Tezos‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Tezos (XTZ) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Tezos has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Tezos (XTZ)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- SEBA Bank partners with HashKey for institutional crypto adoptionCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThe two firms will create solutions for institutional investors seeking to dive into the crypto ecosystem. With the crypto winter slowing down developments within the…
- Crypto layoffs trigger mixed responses from the communityCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoFrom giving encouragement to trying to recruit the laid-off staff, crypto community members posted various responses to recent crypto layoffs. As more crypto companies have…
- Crypto community baffled by SBF dictating terms over congressional hearingCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoMany in the crypto community pointed towards Bankman-Fried’s political donations and good Democratic connections via his parents, being one of the key reasons for him…
- Audit firm Mazars to verify KuCoin’s proof of reservesCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoMazars, the former accounting firm for Donald Trump’s companies, was hired recently to audit Binance’s PoR. Crypto exchange KuCoin hired the international accounting firm Mazars…
- Standard Chartered forecasts ‘surprise’ Bitcoin downside after FTX collapseCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoMultinational bank Standard Chartered considers potential downside for Bitcoin in 2023 as the cryptocurrency ecosystem weathers the collapse of FTX. The value of Bitcoin (BTC)…