What is Tezos?
Launched in 2017, Tezos is an open-source blockchain platform for building applications and managing assets. The Tezos network is always current and state-of-the-art because it allows its stakeholders to govern protocol upgrades and implements a self-amendment process to upgrade the entire network.
Because Tezos uses a proof-of-stake (PoS) process called baking. This is different from proof-of-work (PoW), where tokens are mined. As part of the Tezos baking process, delegates who validate a block receive 16 XTZ as a block reward.
Tezos XTZ token, also known as Tez, has a market cap of over $1.5 billion and has a circulating supply of almost 753 million XTZ. XTZ can be traded on all top cryptocurrency exchanges.
A Blockchain Network Using High-Security Smart Contract
Similar in design to Ethereum, Tezos is an open-source blockchain network that utilizes a unique PoS consensus mechanism and a self-amending cryptographic ledger. The Tezos network employs highly secure smart contracts that allow participants to control the network rules directly.
The Tezos smart contracts predominantly use the Michelson language for formal verification. Known to be highly secure, Michelson is the preferred language for nuclear, aerospace, and superconductor industries. Tezos also wrote their own proprietary smart contract language, LIGO, which is more efficient than Michelson and allows for extended contracts.
A Unique Governance Mechanism
To incentivize users, Tezos allows all token holders to participate and vote to agree on all proposed protocol amendments. Tezos then uses self-amendment to upgrade the network without splitting the network into different blockchains.
Token holders who improve the protocol are rewarded with XTZ tokens to encourage participation, which decentralizes network maintenance. This reward system incentivizes users to develop and use the Tezos ecosystem.
What are Tezos Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Tezos (XTZ) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Tezos currently ranks in position 42 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Tezos‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Tezos has a market cap of $ 1,671,756,091, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 448,330,814,565, Litecoin at $ 4,323,033,035, Ethereum at $ 222,497,946,756, Tether at $ 67,687,903,289, and XRP at $ 18,519,148,262.
What is the price of Tezos (XTZ) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Tezos is $ 1.86 in USD. (The price in Euros is 1,83 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00007944 BTC.)
What is Tezos‘s (XTZ) market supply?
The total available supply of Tezos is 897,919,543 XTZ. The total supply of Tezos is 0 XTZ.
What is the 24 hour volume for Tezos (XTZ)?
The 24 hour volume for Tezos is $ 63,627,671.
How has Tezos (XTZ) performed recently?
Tezos‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -6.52%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.69%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 63,627,671. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Tezos (XTZ) official website?
Links to Tezos‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Tezos (XTZ) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Tezos has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Tezos (XTZ)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Economic design changes will affect ETH's value post-Merge, says ConsenSys execCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoLex Sokolin said that post-Merge, DeFi projects will have to compete with the returns offered by the core ETH protocol. As the Ethereum Merge draws…
- Price analysis 8/17: BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, ADA, SOL, DOGE, DOT, SHIB, AVAXCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoCrypto and stock markets corrected as traders grew nervous ahead of August 17’s FOMC minutes, but the real stress point is whether traders will “buy…
- Tornado Cash sanctions will ultimately undermine the US and strengthen cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoLike any aging empire, America is reacting to its competition. The United States’ move to sanction the open-source code that makes up the Tornado Cash…
- Study: Insider trading occurs in 10% to 25% of cryptocurrency listingsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoThe study found abnormal levels of return in a sample of tokens just before their listing announcement on Coinbase. According to a recent study conducted…
- Another crypto CEO steps down as Genesis Trading restructures leadershipCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoIgnite CEO Peng Zhong, MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor, and now Genesis Trading CEO Michael Moro — top executives have departed crypto firms or stepped into…