What is Tezos?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- Former Visa exec joins Crypto.com to drive Latin American marketCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoTraditional finance execs are increasingly moving into crypto positions. The cryptocurrency industry welcomes another high-profile executive from traditional finance.Filomena Ruffa, a former vice president of…
- Malaysian Securities Commission issues revised digital asset guidelinesCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoRegulation for initial exchange offerings and digital asset custodians comes into force today. The Securities Commission Malaysia has issued revised guidelines governing digital assets, effective…
- Bitcoin price drops to $13.3K after matching peak of 2019 bull runCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBriefly challenging $14,000 produced major volatility for BTC/USD, which subsequently retreated by over $500 in hours. Bitcoin (BTC) retreated to $13,300 on Oct. 28 after…
- Unconfirmed transactions on Bitcoin network at highest level since 2017Cointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoHash rate has also tumbled on the Bitcoin network. The Bitcoin network has slowed down amid Bitcoin’s (BTC) new price highs, causing a large number…
- Telos launches new gig economy platform on the blockchainCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoAmid a global employment crisis, it’s perhaps inevitable that the gig economy is making inroads into the blockchain space too. Blockchain developers can’t be accused…