What is Terra Luna Classic?
Terra (LUNA) is a price-stable cryptocurrency that is powered by fiat-pegged stable coins. Terra brings the global acceptance and stability of fiat currencies together with the benefits of decentralized Bitcoin (BTC).
First developed in January 2018 by Daniel Shin and Do Kwon, Terra was launched in April 2019. The idea behind Terra was to push for faster adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology by making it highly useable and stable. Terraform Labs is the company behind Terra, with Kwon as its CEO. Both of Terra's founders have backgrounds in e-Commerce and software engineering for Microsoft and Apple.
Terra's stablecoins are pegged to the South Korean won, Mongolian tugrik, the United States dollar, and the International Monetary Fund's Special Drawing Rights basket of currencies. More options are on the way. LUNA, Terra's native token, stabilizes the price of the stablecoins.
Terra hopes to maintain its one-to-one peg by using an algorithm that will automatically adjust the supply of stablecoin based on demand. LUNA holders are encouraged to swap LUNA for stablecoins for profitable exchange rates in response to demand - to grow or shrink stablecoin supply.
Terra is in partnership with several payment platforms, specifically in the Asia-Pacific area. One of those partnerships is with Chai, a South Korea-based mobile payments application. When e-Commerce purchases are made using the company's payment platform, they are processed using the Terra blockchain network. Each transaction is charged a fee of 2 - 3% to the merchant.
Terra is supported by a group of businesses and platforms called the Terra Alliance. This group supports Terra's mainstream usage and has announced that e-Commerce platforms from 10 countries, representing over 45 million users, are a part of the Alliance.
Terra is currently being traded on these top exchanges: Huobi Global, Bithumb, Binance, Binance.KR, and Upbit.
What are Terra Luna Classic Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Terra Luna Classic currently ranks in position 40 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Terra Luna Classic‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Terra Luna Classic has a market cap of $ 1,047,415,722, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 328,062,282,505, Litecoin at $ 5,830,248,819, Ethereum at $ 152,473,158,405, Tether at $ 65,537,669,773, and XRP at $ 19,767,145,962.
What is the price of Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Terra Luna Classic is $ 0.000175 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,000166 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000001 BTC.)
What is Terra Luna Classic‘s (LUNC) market supply?
The total available supply of Terra Luna Classic is 5,978,307,452,576 LUNC. The total supply of Terra Luna Classic is 6,873,120,318,507 LUNC.
What is the 24 hour volume for Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)?
The 24 hour volume for Terra Luna Classic is $ 75,042,110.
How has Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) performed recently?
Terra Luna Classic‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.30%. This compares with a seven day change of 7.61%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 75,042,110. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) official website?
Links to Terra Luna Classic‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Terra Luna Classic has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Terra Luna Classic News
- SEBA Bank partners with HashKey for institutional crypto adoptionCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThe two firms will create solutions for institutional investors seeking to dive into the crypto ecosystem. With the crypto winter slowing down developments within the…
- Crypto layoffs trigger mixed responses from the communityCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoFrom giving encouragement to trying to recruit the laid-off staff, crypto community members posted various responses to recent crypto layoffs. As more crypto companies have…
- Crypto community baffled by SBF dictating terms over congressional hearingCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoMany in the crypto community pointed towards Bankman-Fried’s political donations and good Democratic connections via his parents, being one of the key reasons for him…
- Audit firm Mazars to verify KuCoin’s proof of reservesCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoMazars, the former accounting firm for Donald Trump’s companies, was hired recently to audit Binance’s PoR. Crypto exchange KuCoin hired the international accounting firm Mazars…
- Standard Chartered forecasts ‘surprise’ Bitcoin downside after FTX collapseCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoMultinational bank Standard Chartered considers potential downside for Bitcoin in 2023 as the cryptocurrency ecosystem weathers the collapse of FTX. The value of Bitcoin (BTC)…