What is Stellar?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…
- JPMorgan turns bullish on Bitcoin citing ‘potential long-term upside’Cointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoA report from JPMorgan’s Global Markets Strategy division discusses three bullish reasons for Bitcoin’s long-term potential. JPMorgan, the $316 billion investment banking giant, said the…
- Gold smuggler's gait gives him away as Paypal launches price action moon mission: Bad crypto news of the weekCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoCheck out this week’s Bad Crypto podcast. It’s been quite a week for Bitcoin, a week we’ve been waiting for. The coin is up nearly…
- Ethereum researcher Virgil Griffith files motion to dismiss North Korea conspiracy chargeCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoGriffith argues that because his April 2019 conference presentation consisted of widely-available public information, he was not providing a “service” to North Korean officials Virgil…
- How US authorities are using old AML tools to crack down on cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoWith new changes to the Travel Rule up for discussion and a bevy of new cases in the courts, it’s time to look at how…