What is Qtum?
Qtum, pronounced "quantum," is a Proof-of-Stake blockchain platform and value transfer protocol built on Bitcoin's transaction model. Qtum developers added the smart execution functionality. Node operators on the Qtum network are rewarded for validating transactions via the Proof-of-Stake (POS) smart contract.
Based in Singapore, Qtum was built with the intention of bridging the gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum. Qtum makes it so users can combine Ethereum-built smart contracts with Bitcoin while using a proof-of-stake verification with the goal of increasing interoperability within smart contract applications. The technology’s intended user- focus are businesses and various types of institutions.
In addition to implementing smart contracts with Bitcoin's blockchain, Qtum will include tools designed to make smart contract options easier for businesses. These include tools, templates, and other plug-and-play smart contract options.
How Does Qtum (QTUM) Work?
Qtum is built on the foundation of Bitcoin's blockchain. Developers improvised and adapted the blockchain to include layers that allow Ethereum's smart contracts to run on top of Bitcoin. Applications and smart contracts are easily programmed on Ethereum, and the stability of Bitcoin's blockchain provides high-level security and consistency. This interoperability enables Qtum to build on the Bitcoin and Ethereum communities' developments, to benefit and grow from these advancements.
There is a convenient wallet structure that's exclusive to the Qtum platform. The proprietary desktop wallets are QTUM Core, available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and QTUM Electrum, for both Windows and Mac. These wallets work to allow stakeholders to earn dividends passively on the Qtum network, with an average annual return of 8%.
QTUM Electrum features multi-signature support to optimize security. QTUM Core is designed to allow users to store funds with smart contract capability in a convenient desktop wallet.
What are Qtum Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Qtum (QTUM) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Qtum currently ranks in position 95 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Qtum‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Qtum has a market cap of $ 566,739,841, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 877,728,468,888, Litecoin at $ 11,667,410,239, Ethereum at $ 172,506,000,137, Tether at $ 36,309,551,516, and XRP at $ 21,413,012,107.
What is the price of Qtum (QTUM) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Qtum is $ 5.49 in USD. (The price in Euros is 4,54 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00011700 BTC.)
What is Qtum‘s (QTUM) market supply?
The total available supply of Qtum is 103,208,172 QTUM. The total supply of Qtum is 107,822,406 QTUM.
What is the 24 hour volume for Qtum (QTUM)?
The 24 hour volume for Qtum is $ 664,942,162.
How has Qtum (QTUM) performed recently?
Qtum‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 2.58%. This compares with a seven day change of 7.54%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 664,942,162. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Qtum (QTUM) official website?
Links to Qtum‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Qtum (QTUM) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Qtum has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Qtum (QTUM)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- A dark horse in the Ethereum scaling wars? Chainlink’s oracles find fertile ground on xDaiCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoChainlink is rolling out support for xDai, a layer-two sidechain whose perceived centralization hasn’t stopped major DApp players. Chainlink (LINK) oracles have made their way…
- Binance Smart Chain 'copykat' project loses $31 million in possible rugpullCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoUsers now need to ask: how many more protocols are at risk? At roughly 9 am UTC today Meerkat, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol on…
- Unslashed Finance raises $2M for crypto insurance platformCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoInvestors include Lemniscap, P2P capital and others. Unslashed Finance has sold $400 million in coverage since its private launch last month. Unslashed Finance, a decentralized…
- BitGo receives trust license from New York regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoGoldman Sachs-backed crypto custodian BitGo has acquired a New York Trust license to operate as an independent custodian in the state. Major American digital asset…
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi. Decentralized finance is one of the most promising and…