What is Qtum?
QTUM (pronounced as Quantum) is a coin running on the QTUM blockchain known as "foundation". Qtum is an open source project which combines the benefits of both Bitcoin and Ethereum on a single chain. The peer to peer value transfer is completed using QTUM's proprietary "Value Transfer Protocol". To be compatible with Bitcoin's Improvement Proposals (BIPs), QTUM uses "Incentive Proof of Stake (IPoS)" smart contract platform. QTUM supports smart apps, Dapps and Go Mobile Strategy. The total QTUM available to the world will be 100 million. QTUM block size is 2Mb and a block is mined after 2 minutes.
QTUM was developed by the Singapore based QTUM foundation. The team consists of developers from both Bitcoin and Ethereum. Presently QTUM team comprises of 30 members including developers, business managers, marketers, and administrators. QTUM project is backed by 10 members including XU Star who is CEO at OKCOIN.
QTUM solves the 4 major issues of the current blockchain technology. The present blockchain (Bitcoin & Ethereum) lacks the interaction with real-world data. Blockchains are incompatible with each other. Consensus mechanisms are inflexible and they lack industry compliance such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customers (KYC). QTUM solves these problems by bridging the gaps between Bitcoin and Ethereum. A Master Contract is a new kind of smart contract-compatible with different blockchains. QTUM provides industry-focused consensus protocols. QTUM considers the regulations and integrates the "provide identity modules".
- Historical Data
- 3 reasons Bitcoin suddenly dropped 3% in 1 hour and recoveredCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped over 3% in under an hour after surging to $13,350, but its high time frame log charts remain highly…
- Bitcoin breaking through $12K is huge but don't expect higher prices before 2021Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitcoin price may now see sideways action for a few months after breaking through crucial multi-year resistance at $12,000. The previous week has been tremendous…
- Corporate disclosure is the only way to get crypto institutionalizedCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoDisclosure best practices need to be adopted as their lack is holding the industry back. Some people predicted that crypto assets were going to be…
- Gold ‘breaking down’ against Bitcoin is highly bullish for BTC — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoReal Vision Group CEO Raoul Pal says gold is “breaking down” against Bitcoin, a signal that the bullish case for BTC continues to strengthen. Earlier…
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…