What is Ontology?
Ontology is an open source blockchain that specializes in digital data and identity. The infrastructure allows for cross-chain collaboration, and makes it possible for businesses to create a blockchain for their custom needs. Ontology tokens, or ONT, went through a comprehensive screening process. There were several unlocking periods over a span of two years. Today, you can buy ONT on Binance and OKEx.
The Beginnings of Ontology
Li Jun founded the company. However, Onchain's development team provided some support to the company. Ontology was created to give enterprises more flexibility. To accomplish this goal, Ontology allows businesses to make blockchain that fit their own needs. Unlike Ethereum and NEO, Ontology permits users to customize governance and have enhanced privacy.
Other features, like smart contracts and cryptographic identity proofs, add to the value of the platform. It's extremely useful and is particularly useful to those in the medical community.
To negate transaction fees, the ONT chain makes and distributes free Ontology Gas, or ONG. The amount has a correlation to the holdings of ONT holders.
More About Ontology and ONT Tokens
Ontology has protocols designed for speed, security, and trust. ONT ID is one of its more interesting features. It's an application for mobile digital ID and is useful in DDXF.
When Ontology launched, the company opted to skip the initial coin offering. The distribution of ONT started with a NEP-5 token on NEO. Because of the decision to release in several periods, the company developed a passionate group of supporters and avoided too much regulatory scrutiny.
For some time, a person who signed up for the Ontology newsletter received 1,000 ONT. Once ONT was available on Binance, the currency had a value of $10 per token. As of early December, ONT had an exchange rate of just under $0.5 per token.
What are Ontology Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Ontology (ONT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Ontology currently ranks in position 65 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Ontology‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Ontology has a market cap of $ 500,187,011, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 650,791,832,243, Litecoin at $ 9,609,582,217, Ethereum at $ 149,589,760,635, Tether at $ 24,812,181,654, and XRP at $ 13,156,366,652.
What is the price of Ontology (ONT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Ontology is $ 0.619601 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,510861 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001800 BTC.)
How has Ontology (ONT) performed recently?
Ontology‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -10.84%. This compares with a seven day change of 16.04%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 319,897,448. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Ontology (ONT) official website?
Links to Ontology‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Ontology (ONT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Ontology has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Ontology (ONT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Ford, BMW back blockchain 'birth certificates' to combat used car fraudCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoA global automotive consortium is leveraging blockchain-based “birth certificates” to track the purchase and maintenance history of secondhand vehicles. The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative, or…
- Bitcoin node count hits new all-time highCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoAmid increasing distrust of custodial solutions and recent upgrades to Bitcoin Core, more Bitcoiners are starting to run their own nodes. The number of Bitcoin…
- Is $1 billion a day in volume the 'new normal' for Uniswap?Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoUniswap could be averaging $1 billion in daily trade volume soon with the majority of trades occurring between Ethereum and stablecoins. Leading decentralized exchange, or…
- Asia accounts for almost half of global crypto trading: Messari reportCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoCrypto activity in Asia is equivalent to that in the U.S. and Europe combined. Research by Messari has delved into the Asian crypto landscape and…
- Ripple pins hopes on Biden administration as co-founder sells 28.6M XRPCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoGeneral counsel for Ripple Stu Alderoty predicted Joe Biden’s administration would likely “help level the playing field” for crypto. After ending 2020 facing a lawsuit…