What is OMG Network?
OMG Network makes transactions involving ETH and ERC20 tokens on Ethereum less expensive and faster. As a layer two scaling solution, it takes the burden of transactions off the Ethereum network itself using a unique protocol they developed called MoreViable Plasma. This protocol groups many transactions off the root chain, creating a batch of transactions that can then process as a single transaction on Ethereum. The result is that OMG Network scales the potential of Ethereum from 10 to 14 transactions per second to thousands. This increase results in cheaper, faster transactions that use less electricity. OMG Network is a great tool for businesses looking to minimize their carbon footprint and speed up their transaction processes. It also allows transfers from one blockchain to another without the use of a traditional exchange and allows transfers between blockchains and traditional payment providers.
OMG currently trades on numerous exchanges as a cryptocurrency, including Huobai Global, Hydax Exchange, Binance, and OKEx. Its total supply is 140,245,398, and all of it is currently circulating. It is a relatively high ranking cryptocurrency. The initial coin offering (ICO) occurred in 2017. Bitcoin Suisse handled the original ICO. In July 2017, its original value was one half of one United States dollar. It had a great deal of early success. By January 8, 2018, it had increased in value to 26.14 United States dollars. The current value is considerably less than that, but it is still significantly higher than its original price.
OMG Network was originally named OmiseGo. It is a subsidiary of the Thailand-based company SYNQA, which was originally known as Omise Holdings. Vansa Chatikavanij is the founder of the company. He was the managing director of the company until 2019. In that year, he transitioned to the role of CEO, which is where he currently serves.
What are OMG Network Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does OMG Network (OMG) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, OMG Network currently ranks in position 69 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider OMG Network‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. OMG Network has a market cap of $ 455,576,749, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 583,402,211,051, Litecoin at $ 8,398,408,167, Ethereum at $ 146,576,691,184, Tether at $ 25,472,772,366, and XRP at $ 11,642,169,783.
What is the price of OMG Network (OMG) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of OMG Network is $ 3.26 in USD. (The price in Euros is 2,68 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00010400 BTC.)
What is OMG Network‘s (OMG) market supply?
The total available supply of OMG Network is 140,245,398 OMG. The total supply of OMG Network is 140,245,398 OMG.
What is the 24 hour volume for OMG Network (OMG)?
The 24 hour volume for OMG Network is $ 226,949,076.
How has OMG Network (OMG) performed recently?
OMG Network‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -2.31%. This compares with a seven day change of -15.26%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 226,949,076. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is OMG Network (OMG) official website?
Links to OMG Network‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has OMG Network (OMG) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how OMG Network has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
OMG Network News
- As Bitcoin price sees sub-$30K, do bears control the BTC market now?Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin dropped below $30,000 in a quick swoop on the third retest in two weeks of the support area. In the past…
- Apple updates iOS to fix crypto wallet security vulnerabilitiesCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoCoinbase’s head engineer is warning iOS users to update their mobile devices as soon as possible. Apple has issued new security updates for its mobile…
- Following in Grayscale's footsteps, new Bitcoin trust goes public in CanadaCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe investment firm said it had no plans to sell shares of its Bitcoin trust in the U.S. Canada-based investment manager Ninepoint Partners has launched…
- Bitcoin price drops under $30K as 'moment of truth' arrives, says traderCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoBitcoin price action mimics recent lows, but traders are all focused on GameStop and the power of crowd investment. Bitcoin (BTC) retested the $30,000 support…
- Bitmain's Antminer says Bitcoin rig sales won’t be affected by CEO departureCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoAfter corporate infighting temporarily halted chip shipments in 2020, Bitmain’s Antminer team says business will resume as normal following former CEO Jihan Wu’s departure. Bitcoin…