What is NEM?
Have you heard of NEM cryptocurrency? Perhaps you’re interested in investing or learning more about this crypto classic.
Here’s everything that you need to know to get started investing in NEM.
What is NEM?
The New Economy Movement (NEM) is a cryptocurrency and blockchain technology that was started in 2015 to evolve the crypto market through proof of importance (POI) algorithmic structure.
The founders and community at NEM are devoted to smooth transactions, business collaborations, and increasing value through their blockchain technology.
NEM uses XEM as its coin currency.
What Makes NEM Different?
The main difference between NEM and other cryptocurrencies is its use of point of importance (POI) over proof of work (POW) structure.
Most cryptocurrencies reward miners with currency through the rate of their coin processing and blockchain contribution.
However, the problem with this is that individuals with more powerful computers will be able to outperform the rest of the community every single time.
Instead of rewarding miners simply for their powerful machinery, NEM has only allowed those who have invested in 10,000 of their XEM coins to start mining for transactional gains.
Should You Invest In NEM?
If you’re looking to double-down on your cryptocurrency investments and put your money into a fundamentally different currency, then you should consider investing in NEM.
You should note that NEM is the size of the average investment that needs to be made to have significant growth in your investment.
If you are purchasing XEM coins simply to accumulate over time, you can start with almost $0 invested.
As of December 2020, a single XEM coin costs about $.20, a reasonable investment for any budget.
However, if you intend to mine for XEM coins and contribute to the NEM blockchain, you will need to purchase at least 10,000 XEm coins (over $2,000) to benefit from transactions.
NEM is perfect for you if you are looking to invest in proof of importance instead of proof of work cryptocurrencies.
What are NEM Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does NEM (XEM) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, NEM currently ranks in position 21 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider NEM‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. NEM has a market cap of $ 2,076,409,170, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 580,282,138,516, Litecoin at $ 8,424,850,670, Ethereum at $ 146,724,163,963, Tether at $ 25,422,039,508, and XRP at $ 11,664,193,282.
What is the price of NEM (XEM) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of NEM is $ 0.230223 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,189589 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000700 BTC.)
What is NEM‘s (XEM) market supply?
The total available supply of NEM is 8,999,999,999 XEM. The total supply of NEM is 8,999,999,999 XEM.
What is the 24 hour volume for NEM (XEM)?
The 24 hour volume for NEM is $ 128,722,639.
How has NEM (XEM) performed recently?
NEM‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.27%. This compares with a seven day change of -4.01%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 128,722,639. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is NEM (XEM) official website?
Links to NEM‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has NEM (XEM) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how NEM has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy NEM (XEM)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- GameStop short squeeze highlights the power of decentralizationCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoWhat do the traders on r/WallStreetBets have in common with cryptocurrency traders? Both are using technological breakthroughs to skirt processes inherent in traditional financial systems.…
- Guggenheim says institutional demand not enough to keep BTC above $30KCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoGuggenheim CIO Scott Minerd has made another bearish prediction for short term Bitcoin prices. Guggenheim’s Scott Minerd has come out with another gloomy price outlook…
- Australia's eSafety Commissioner touts blockchain as a solution to trollsCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoAustralia’s eSafety Commissioner has suggested blockchain-based digital IDs as a potential solution to fight online abuse and trolling. Australia’s eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant has…
- Bitcoin price dips below $30K but here’s why pro traders are still bullishCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoData show pro traders are still bullish even as Bitcoin price dips below $30,000 and Friday’s $4 billion BTC options expiry approaches. In the last…
- INX’s acquisition of security token platform OpenFinance almost completeCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoINX has completed all the documents needed to complete its acquisition of security token platform OpenFinance, and is now awaiting regulatory approval. Crypto IPO issuer…