What is Near?
Designed to give apps web usability, NEAR Protocol is popular with developers. It uses a Proof-of-Stake consensus that makes the platform stable and scalable. Due to the protocol's popularity, NEAR tokens are available on many different exchanges.
More about the NEAR Token
The NEAR token has many purposes, including the ability to store data and process transactions. With tokens, you can also run validator nodes and participate in governance votes. Generally, the votes relate to the allocation of network resources.
There are NEAR tools available to users, which make the platform even more beneficial. For one, NEAR SDKs provide testing tools for Assembly Script and Rust. SDKs also provide standard data structures.
Another tool, Gitpod gives developers zero time onboarding. Meanwhile, the NEAR Wallet makes it possible for developers to build streamlined experiences for their users. The Explorer helps with debugging and the Command Line makes it possible for developers to deploy from local environments.
The Team Behind NEAR
Illia Polosukhin and Alex Skidanov are the founders of NEAR Protocol. Together, they have years of programming experience. In 2018, Skidanov worked on a project that would give developers the ability to make and release their software with less trouble. That project soon became NEAR Protocol.
Today, the company has over 40 staff members. Many of those employees have accolades in coding and similar fields.
Getting NEAR Tokens
More and more exchanges are offering NEAR in cryptocurrency and stablecoin pairs. While Binance has the most pairs, Huobi Global has Ethereum, Tether, and Bitcoin options.
You can also warn NEAR by participating in development bounties. Other ways of earning tokens include rubbing a community, winning a hackathon, or being active in the community. To earn tokens as a validator, convince others to lend you tokens to stake.
If you have friends who use NEAR tokens, they can place their tokens into an account for you. Even if you don't have a NEAR account, you can access the tokens.
What are Near Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Near (NEAR) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Near currently ranks in position 64 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Near‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Near has a market cap of $ 2,217,365,066, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,184,567,402,352, Litecoin at $ 18,032,923,052, Ethereum at $ 275,247,593,960, Tether at $ 46,021,723,505, and XRP at $ 81,076,200,464.
What is the price of Near (NEAR) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Near is $ 6.36 in USD. (The price in Euros is 5,35 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00010000 BTC.)
What is Near‘s (NEAR) market supply?
The total available supply of Near is 349,452,304 NEAR. The total supply of Near is 1,000,000,000 NEAR.
What is the 24 hour volume for Near (NEAR)?
The 24 hour volume for Near is $ 109,987,119.
How has Near (NEAR) performed recently?
Near‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.10%. This compares with a seven day change of -6.95%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 109,987,119. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Near (NEAR) official website?
Links to Near‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Near (NEAR) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Near has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Near (NEAR)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitcoin can hit $92K in April and still not match bull run RSI peaks: analystCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMore proof that Bitcoin is far from the most vertical stage of its bull comes from PlanB and the relative strength index. Bitcoin (BTC) can…
- Canadian Bitcoin ETFs quickly hit $1.3B in AUM while US acceptance lagsCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoIn less than two months, one Canadian Bitcoin ETF attracted $1.1 billion in assets under management, while two more funds are also growing their AUMs.…
- Dubai’s economic department to roll out blockchain-based corporate KYCCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoDubai’s Department of Economic Development wants to accelerate the total adoption of UAE KYC — the national Know Your Customer standard running on blockchain technology.…
- Ether price flirts with $2,400 ATH as irreversible hard fork loomsCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoNew all-time highs are being witnessed all over the cryptocurrency market, and Ether is no exception. Led by Bitcoin’s (BTC) ascent to a new all-time…
- DOGE soars 80% on the day to become 10th largest crypto by market capCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoBeing a “cute” and meme-like cryptocurrency has not prevented Dogecoin from seeing some serious, record-breaking price action amid the crypto market rally this week. Dogecoin…