What is Near?
Designed to give apps web usability, NEAR Protocol is popular with developers. It uses a Proof-of-Stake consensus that makes the platform stable and scalable. Due to the protocol's popularity, NEAR tokens are available on many different exchanges.
More about the NEAR Token
The NEAR token has many purposes, including the ability to store data and process transactions. With tokens, you can also run validator nodes and participate in governance votes. Generally, the votes relate to the allocation of network resources.
There are NEAR tools available to users, which make the platform even more beneficial. For one, NEAR SDKs provide testing tools for Assembly Script and Rust. SDKs also provide standard data structures.
Another tool, Gitpod gives developers zero time onboarding. Meanwhile, the NEAR Wallet makes it possible for developers to build streamlined experiences for their users. The Explorer helps with debugging and the Command Line makes it possible for developers to deploy from local environments.
The Team Behind NEAR
Illia Polosukhin and Alex Skidanov are the founders of NEAR Protocol. Together, they have years of programming experience. In 2018, Skidanov worked on a project that would give developers the ability to make and release their software with less trouble. That project soon became NEAR Protocol.
Today, the company has over 40 staff members. Many of those employees have accolades in coding and similar fields.
Getting NEAR Tokens
More and more exchanges are offering NEAR in cryptocurrency and stablecoin pairs. While Binance has the most pairs, Huobi Global has Ethereum, Tether, and Bitcoin options.
You can also warn NEAR by participating in development bounties. Other ways of earning tokens include rubbing a community, winning a hackathon, or being active in the community. To earn tokens as a validator, convince others to lend you tokens to stake.
If you have friends who use NEAR tokens, they can place their tokens into an account for you. Even if you don't have a NEAR account, you can access the tokens.
What are Near Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Near (NEAR) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Near currently ranks in position 61 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Near‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Near has a market cap of $ 1,249,254,021, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 907,650,011,675, Litecoin at $ 11,945,939,522, Ethereum at $ 178,612,080,786, Tether at $ 35,494,757,699, and XRP at $ 20,220,584,888.
What is the price of Near (NEAR) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Near is $ 4.11 in USD. (The price in Euros is 3,40 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00008400 BTC.)
What is Near‘s (NEAR) market supply?
The total available supply of Near is 303,902,307 NEAR. The total supply of Near is 1,000,000,000 NEAR.
What is the 24 hour volume for Near (NEAR)?
The 24 hour volume for Near is $ 64,078,325.
How has Near (NEAR) performed recently?
Near‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -2.78%. This compares with a seven day change of 8.89%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 64,078,325. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Near (NEAR) official website?
Links to Near‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Near (NEAR) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Near has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Near (NEAR)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Coinbase custodies 11% of entire crypto capitalizationCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe custody service of leading U.S. exchange Coinbase now controls more than 10% of the combined crypto asset market cap. Crypto data aggregator Messari has…
- Leverage traders 'flushed out' by late-February crypto crash: GlassnodeCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoCrypto analytics provider Glassnode argues the late February BTC crash may have been a healthy reset that flushed excessive leverage out of the market. According…
- Musician Grimes’ debut NFT auction generates $5.8M in 20 minutesCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoAcclaimed musician Grimes has made $5.8 million in 20 minutes after auctioning eight tokenized artworks in her first NFT drop. Candian musician and visual artist,…
- DOGE is now supported at 1,800 ATMs in 45 US statesCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoU.S. citizens can now purchase Dogecoin from ATMs in 45 of the country’s 50 states. Famous meme crypto Dogecoin (DOGE) can now be accessed through…
- Bitcoin price hits $50K after bullish outlook from Citigroup and Goldman SachsCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoBullish maneuvers from MicroStrategy, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup are just a few of the factors backing Bitcoin’s rally back to $50,000. On March 1 cryptocurrency…