What is Nano?
Nano is an independent cryptocurrency based on Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAG) which utilizes a block-lattice data structure. This is a main characteristic that sets it apart from other currencies like Bitcoin. Each account holder of Nano has a provision to maintain a private Blockchain where every block contains a single transaction. This features eliminates the need for mining and allows almost instant and zero fee transactions. Nano is PoS system where participants vote with a weight equivalent to the amount of wealth they possess. Because of it's PoS feature, Nano is generally considered more energy efficient than Bitcoin.
Nanocurrency (NANO) is the re-branded name of RaiBlocks (XRB) which was created by Colin LeMahieu to solve its scalability problem, high transfer time, and high fees. He moved to the project full time in 2017 to advance Nano's development. Nano is now backed by small team of developers.
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin price hits $14,000 exactly 12 years after whitepaper releasedCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin has surpassed the critical $14,000 mark, the highest level since January 2018. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) surpassed $14,000 on Oct.…
- The evolution of crypto exchanges — What’s next for the industryCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoWe are now starting to see the crossover of regulation in the digital asset market and digitalization of the traditional market. From what started as…
- Why Bitcoin price and volume rising together is bad news for Ethereum, altseasonCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBitcoin broke out of the $13,000 resistance level merely a week ago, which means those expecting Ethereum and altcoin prices to rise may have to…
- Ethereum price ascending channel breakout possible if Bitcoin consolidatesCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoConsolidation from Bitcoin would allow Ethereum to double bottom in its BTC pair and possibly breakout from the ascending channel in its USDT pair. In…
- Gotta collect ’em all: An overview of NFT marketplacesCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoAs NFTs gain traction, here are some of the top marketplaces for finding NFTs, as well as the future outlook of this industry. Currently worth…