What is Nano?
Nano (NANO), originally called RaiBlocks (XRB), is a digital currency created for fast transactions, no fees, and extreme scalability. This cryptocurrency gives a blockchain to every account by using a system of blockchains combined with a directed acyclic graph algorithm (DAG).
With the original name, the first launch was in 2017, but it was relaunched in 2018 as Nano. The ticker symbol was changed to NANO, along with a complete re-branding of the product. The Nano team wanted to go after mainstream adoption of the currency, so they responded to public feedback. After the re-branding, the price of NANO rose by 20% in just 24 hours.
Like all cryptocurrencies, NANO is an alternative to fiat currencies. What’s unique is its block-lattice structure that enables each account to have its own blockchain to hold its balance and transaction history. This is called an account-chain, controlled only by the owner.
When the account owner sends NANO, a send block is created and added to their account chain. This process also updates the account balance. On the receiving end, a receive block is added to that account chain, and that balance is also updated. So current balances are always found in the last block added. The whole system is kept lightweight and significantly faster than other cryptocurrencies.
Other advantages and uses of NANO:
Transactions are instant. The speed of transactions makes NANO perfect for cryptocurrency traders who want to buy and sell other digital coins and tokens.
There are no fees. This makes it attractive to everyone.
Scalability is unlimited.
Perfect for micropayments or peer-to-peer transactions. You can pay friends and family, magazine subscriptions, rent, or even a restaurant bill quickly and easily.
Perfect for business to customer transactions as well. Customers can enjoy fast checkout, and businesses can have quick access to funds.
NANO may be exchanged at Huobi Global, Binance, BitZ, CoinBene, and OKEx.
What are Nano Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Nano (XNO) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Nano currently ranks in position 206 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Nano‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Nano has a market cap of $ 287,066,170, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 675,220,362,909, Litecoin at $ 7,480,671,230, Ethereum at $ 297,555,853,038, Tether at $ 78,219,614,079, and XRP at $ 29,384,414,967.
What is the price of Nano (XNO) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Nano is $ 2.13 in USD. (The price in Euros is 1,87 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00006040 BTC.)
What is Nano‘s (XNO) market supply?
The total available supply of Nano is 133,248,290 XNO. The total supply of Nano is 133,248,290 XNO.
What is the 24 hour volume for Nano (XNO)?
The 24 hour volume for Nano is $ 26,561,870.
How has Nano (XNO) performed recently?
Nano‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -21.25%. This compares with a seven day change of -32.16%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 26,561,870. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Nano (XNO) official website?
Links to Nano‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Nano (XNO) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Nano has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Nano (XNO)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- El Salvador buys its cheapest 410 Bitcoin as prices reach $36kCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoPresident Nayib Bukele confirmed that the purchase of 410 BTC was made against $15 million, placing the trading price at approximately $36,585 per BTC. The…
- Blockchain and the evolution of business models in the game industryCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoWith the introduction of blockchain-based assets for games comes the possibility of entirely new business models and innovative development. The first computer games were developed…
- Altcoin Roundup: 3 emerging P2E gaming trends to keep an eye on in 2022Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe hype that sparked rapid growth in blockchain-based play-to-earn games in 2021 has begun to dissipate, but here are three projects focused on bringing fresh…
- The life cycle of smart contracts in the blockchain ecosystemCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe life cycle of smart contract development involves crucial steps: create, freeze, execute and finalize. Can a smart contract be destroyed?Yes, smart contracts can be…
- Bitcoin falls to $36K, traders say bulls need a ‘Hail Mary’ to avoid a bear marketCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoBTC price dropped to new lows at $36,000, leading analysts to call for a “Hail Mary close above $39,600” to stave off a bearish shift…