What is Nano?
Nano (NANO), originally called RaiBlocks (XRB), is a digital currency created for fast transactions, no fees, and extreme scalability. This cryptocurrency gives a blockchain to every account by using a system of blockchains combined with a directed acyclic graph algorithm (DAG).
With the original name, the first launch was in 2017, but it was relaunched in 2018 as Nano. The ticker symbol was changed to NANO, along with a complete re-branding of the product. The Nano team wanted to go after mainstream adoption of the currency, so they responded to public feedback. After the re-branding, the price of NANO rose by 20% in just 24 hours.
Like all cryptocurrencies, NANO is an alternative to fiat currencies. What’s unique is its block-lattice structure that enables each account to have its own blockchain to hold its balance and transaction history. This is called an account-chain, controlled only by the owner.
When the account owner sends NANO, a send block is created and added to their account chain. This process also updates the account balance. On the receiving end, a receive block is added to that account chain, and that balance is also updated. So current balances are always found in the last block added. The whole system is kept lightweight and significantly faster than other cryptocurrencies.
Other advantages and uses of NANO:
Transactions are instant. The speed of transactions makes NANO perfect for cryptocurrency traders who want to buy and sell other digital coins and tokens.
There are no fees. This makes it attractive to everyone.
Scalability is unlimited.
Perfect for micropayments or peer-to-peer transactions. You can pay friends and family, magazine subscriptions, rent, or even a restaurant bill quickly and easily.
Perfect for business to customer transactions as well. Customers can enjoy fast checkout, and businesses can have quick access to funds.
NANO may be exchanged at Huobi Global, Binance, BitZ, CoinBene, and OKEx.
What are Nano Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Nano (XNO) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Nano currently ranks in position 176 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Nano‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Nano has a market cap of $ 525,102,018, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 937,772,031,770, Litecoin at $ 11,067,477,210, Ethereum at $ 519,001,770,614, Tether at $ 77,285,763,445, and XRP at $ 39,978,947,102.
What is the price of Nano (XNO) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Nano is $ 3.94 in USD. (The price in Euros is 3,49 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00007942 BTC.)
What is Nano‘s (XNO) market supply?
The total available supply of Nano is 133,248,290 XNO. The total supply of Nano is 133,248,290 XNO.
What is the 24 hour volume for Nano (XNO)?
The 24 hour volume for Nano is $ 29,814,234.
How has Nano (XNO) performed recently?
Nano‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 1.55%. This compares with a seven day change of -22.03%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 29,814,234. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Nano (XNO) official website?
Links to Nano‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Nano (XNO) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Nano has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Nano (XNO)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Animoca Brands' treasury increased in value by 5X over two monthsCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoThe firm has enjoyed tremendous success from its early plays on NFT game platforms and metaverses that provide digital equity to its users. Metaverse and…
- Reddit launches waitlist for site-wide expansion of ‘Community Points’Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoReddit has launched a new website allowing mods and users to sign their subreddits up for the new ‘Community Points’ token rewards program. Reddit has…
- 3 reasons why DeFiChain (DFI) price has gained 60% in DecemberCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoIn the last two weeks, DFI price bounced off its swing low and a number of data points suggest the project’s fundamentals will continue to…
- Kickstarter plans to migrate to platform built on Celo blockchainCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours ago“We are entering a significant moment for alternative governance models, and we think there’s an important opportunity to advance these efforts using the blockchain,” said…
- $1.1B in Bitcoin options expire on Friday, but data points to a sub-$55K BTC priceCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoBTC bulls are looking at a $300 million loss after last week’s 11.5% correction set them up as the losers of Dec. 10’s $1.1 billion…