What is Loopring?
Loopring (LRC) is an ERC-20 token built on the Ethereum blockchain. LRC is also developed as LRQ on Qtum and LRN on NEO blockchain platforms. LRC solves the problem of security and transparency caused by centralized exchanges. It also provides the solution for liquidity issues in decentralized exchanges. Although LRC itself is not a decentralized exchange, it is developed as a modular protocol for building decentralized exchanges on multiple blockchains. LRC provides various security features such as front-running prevention, Sybil attack, and insufficient balance. Other features include off-chain order management, on-chain settlement and dual authoring. The fee structure os exchange is of two types i.e. ring matching cost saving and the transaction fee.
Loopring was founded by Daniel Wang, who is a Google tech lead, CEO of coinport exchange and senior director of Zhongan technology. The team consists of 20 members and 12 advisers. The LRC project is running under Loopring foundation.
The major use of Loopring is to provide the user with a decentralized exchange solution for their respective cryptocurrencies. As Loopring is developed above the parent blockchain (ETH, NEO, QTUM etc), it provides an off chain order management.
- Historical Data
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…
- JPMorgan turns bullish on Bitcoin citing ‘potential long-term upside’Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoA report from JPMorgan’s Global Markets Strategy division discusses three bullish reasons for Bitcoin’s long-term potential. JPMorgan, the $316 billion investment banking giant, said the…
- Gold smuggler's gait gives him away as Paypal launches price action moon mission: Bad crypto news of the weekCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoCheck out this week’s Bad Crypto podcast. It’s been quite a week for Bitcoin, a week we’ve been waiting for. The coin is up nearly…
- Ethereum researcher Virgil Griffith files motion to dismiss North Korea conspiracy chargeCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoGriffith argues that because his April 2019 conference presentation consisted of widely-available public information, he was not providing a “service” to North Korean officials Virgil…
- How US authorities are using old AML tools to crack down on cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoWith new changes to the Travel Rule up for discussion and a bevy of new cases in the courts, it’s time to look at how…