What is Litecoin?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin's gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin's primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
- Historical Data
- Former Visa exec joins Crypto.com to drive Latin American marketCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoTraditional finance execs are increasingly moving into crypto positions. The cryptocurrency industry welcomes another high-profile executive from traditional finance.Filomena Ruffa, a former vice president of…
- Malaysian Securities Commission issues revised digital asset guidelinesCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoRegulation for initial exchange offerings and digital asset custodians comes into force today. The Securities Commission Malaysia has issued revised guidelines governing digital assets, effective…
- Bitcoin price drops to $13.3K after matching peak of 2019 bull runCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBriefly challenging $14,000 produced major volatility for BTC/USD, which subsequently retreated by over $500 in hours. Bitcoin (BTC) retreated to $13,300 on Oct. 28 after…
- Unconfirmed transactions on Bitcoin network at highest level since 2017Cointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoHash rate has also tumbled on the Bitcoin network. The Bitcoin network has slowed down amid Bitcoin’s (BTC) new price highs, causing a large number…
- Telos launches new gig economy platform on the blockchainCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoAmid a global employment crisis, it’s perhaps inevitable that the gig economy is making inroads into the blockchain space too. Blockchain developers can’t be accused…