What is KuCoin?
Kucoin is a Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange launched in 2017. It has gained popular use because of its wide range of cryptocurrencies available for trade and relatively low fees compared with leading exchanges. Another reason for its popularity is its way of incentivizing traders and investors on their platform through the use of their own native currency, KuCoin Shares (KCS).
KCS holders receive daily dividends—Kucoin will share 50% of what they make from exchange fees daily, vided among token holders according to volume. They also enjoy discounts on trading fees themselves. Every 1000 KCS held gives the holder a 1% discount on trading fees, capped at 30%.
KCS is an ERC20 token. Kucoin originally released 200 million tokens, of which 50% was sold to the public through its ICO. Kucoin does have a buy-back program wherein at least 10% of net profit is used to buy KCS every quarter in order to be destroyed until only 100 million remains. At this time of writing, KCS has a total supply of 180.3 million.
What are KuCoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does KuCoin (KCS) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, KuCoin currently ranks in position 51 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider KuCoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. KuCoin has a market cap of $ 1,066,739,095, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 408,869,858,432, Litecoin at $ 4,157,073,469, Ethereum at $ 150,866,128,759, Tether at $ 66,880,965,906, and XRP at $ 17,719,131,368.
What is the price of KuCoin (KCS) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of KuCoin is $ 10.90 in USD. (The price in Euros is 10,36 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00050813 BTC.)
What is KuCoin‘s (KCS) market supply?
The total available supply of KuCoin is 97,898,695 KCS. The total supply of KuCoin is 145,398,695 KCS.
What is the 24 hour volume for KuCoin (KCS)?
The 24 hour volume for KuCoin is $ 3,105,149.
How has KuCoin (KCS) performed recently?
KuCoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -1.08%. This compares with a seven day change of -1.91%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,105,149. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is KuCoin (KCS) official website?
Links to KuCoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has KuCoin (KCS) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how KuCoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy KuCoin (KCS)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitpanda announces layoffs citing no compromise on product qualityCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoWitnessing the crypto crashes over the past several weeks from a front-row seat, Bitpanda made the “tough decision” of cutting down its employee headcount to…
- What is StrongBlock (STRONG) and how does it work?Cointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoStrongblock creates platforms and protocols with the intention of revolutionizing how blockchain networks compensate the nodes that protect and sustain them. The digital financial environment…
- Bitcoin network power demand falls to 10.65GW as hash rate sees 14% dropCointelegraph.com News - 16 hours agoThe Bitcoin network recorded the year 2022’s lowest power demand of 10.65 gigawatts (GW). At its peak, the BTC network demanded 16.09 GW of power.…
- It seems NFT-themed Bored & Hungry restaurant no longer accepts cryptoCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe alleged removal is a bit strange considering Bored and Hungry only opened its doors back in April. The Los Angeles Times reported Friday that…
- Celsius Network hires advisers ahead of potential bankruptcy: ReportCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoRestructuring, bankruptcy, buyouts… media outlets are swarming with different reports on the next steps Celsius may take. Crypto lending platform Celsius Network has reportedly onboarded…