What is Komodo?
Komodo is a platform forked from zCash. It incorporates the same zero-knowledge proof protocol, so transactions are anonymous and private.
Its unique consensus protocol is called delayed proof-of-stake. 64 masternodes, elected by voting, are responsible for notarizing (recording) Komodo's blocks into the Bitcoin's blockchain. With this, they offer the same security level of Bitcoin. Kmodo also offers a framework for creating independent blockchains with blocks notarized to it (and, therefore o Bitcoin). Mining uses the equihash algorithm, so it's ASIC resistant.
Through their dICO platform, anyone can launch an ICO with total anonymity, with a blockchain within the Komodo ecosystem or not. Komodo also features the BarterDEX decentralized exchange, which uniquely supports trading between different pairs using atomic swaps for increased speed.
What are Komodo Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Komodo (KMD) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Komodo currently ranks in position 564 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Komodo‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Komodo has a market cap of $ 25,994,410, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 396,324,787,747, Litecoin at $ 3,933,598,775, Ethereum at $ 144,424,700,326, Tether at $ 66,964,703,521, and XRP at $ 17,098,863,086.
What is the price of Komodo (KMD) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Komodo is $ 0.19644 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,186078 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000945 BTC.)
What is Komodo‘s (KMD) market supply?
The total available supply of Komodo is 132,338,876 KMD. The total supply of Komodo is 200,000,000 KMD.
What is the 24 hour volume for Komodo (KMD)?
The 24 hour volume for Komodo is $ 547,700.
How has Komodo (KMD) performed recently?
Komodo‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.53%. This compares with a seven day change of 10.42%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 547,700. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Komodo (KMD) official website?
Links to Komodo‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Komodo (KMD) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Komodo has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Komodo (KMD)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Educating regulators will help mitigate risks, says Figment execCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoRobert Ellison noted that a regulatory framework for staking is achievable because the concept is very easy to understand. Cointelegraph’s managing editor Alex Cohen interviewed…
- Less than 1% of all holders have 90% of the voting power in DAOs: reportCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoA user must hold between 0.1% and 1% of the outstanding token supply to create a proposal and hold between 1% and 4% to pass…
- Swiss National Bank exec: Regulators may favor centralized stablecoins after Terra crisisCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThomas Moser hinted that regulations might take time as the current regulations would wipe out the decentralized ecosystem like DeFi. Swiss National Bank (SNB) deputy…
- Metaverse fractional ownership to form similarly to property loans: Casper execCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoRalf Kubli said that smart contracts can create fractionalization agreements and divide plots of metaverse land that can be leased out individually. As metaverse land…
- China’s BSN chair calls Bitcoin Ponzi, stablecoins ‘fine if regulated’Cointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoStablecoins like USDT and USDC would be doing just fine if properly regulated, while Bitcoin is a “Ponzi scheme” in any case, China’s BSN chair…