What is HUSD?
In order to understand HUSD as a cryptocurrency, you need to understand the concept of stablecoin. A stablecoin when it comes to cryptocurrencies is a digital currency that attempts to maintain price stability and are backed with real-world assets. These assets might be a specific currency, such as the U.S. Dollar, or it could be a commodity such as gold. If you've ever watched the volatility of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, you know that this volatility turns many investors off. With a stablecoin option, the goal is to reduce this volatility and provide a more stable digital currency to entice reluctant investors to dip their toes into the water. HUSD is one of several stablecoin options.
What Sets HUSD Apart
HUSD was originally developed to help centralize four other cryptocurrencies that were being traded on the Huobi Global exchange. These four cryptocurrencies were themselves stablecoins, but it was felt that a combined single cryptocurrency would be a better option. Unfortunately, this attempt didn't work out well as users did not like the fact that the pricing wasn't transparent, and after several months the idea was scrapped.
Several months later, a new startup called Stable Universal released a new HUSD cryptocurrency that had the transparency that was being sought by users, and eventually, the four cryptocurrencies were folded into the new HUSD coin. This cryptocurrency maintains a 1:1 ratio with the U.S. Dollar, and it will always be this way as anytime HUSD is added or removed from the ecosystem, an equivalent amount of U.S. Dollars are added or removed from the asset account that backs the HUSD cryptocurrency. With this real-world asset-backed cryptocurrency, you can still buy goods and services with HUSD coin, but you will have the built-in safety feature of being able to withdraw funds in U.S. Dollars without losing any value. This will help to bring in more people to the world of cryptocurrencies and get people used to them.
Looking to learn more about stablecoins? Crypto.co has the latest regarding stablecoins and regulations
What are HUSD Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does HUSD (HUSD) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, HUSD currently ranks in position 88 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider HUSD‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. HUSD has a market cap of $ 746,316,814, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 908,736,027,806, Litecoin at $ 12,114,773,237, Ethereum at $ 177,647,949,967, Tether at $ 36,389,705,521, and XRP at $ 21,856,966,758.
What is the price of HUSD (HUSD) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of HUSD is $ 0.998141 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,825897 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00002000 BTC.)
What is HUSD‘s (HUSD) market supply?
The total available supply of HUSD is 745,051,370 HUSD. The total supply of HUSD is 745,051,370 HUSD.
What is the 24 hour volume for HUSD (HUSD)?
The 24 hour volume for HUSD is $ 1,464,835,015.
How has HUSD (HUSD) performed recently?
HUSD‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.53%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.96%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,464,835,015. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is HUSD (HUSD) official website?
Links to HUSD‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has HUSD (HUSD) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how HUSD has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy HUSD (HUSD)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- A dark horse in the Ethereum scaling wars? Chainlink’s oracles find fertile ground on xDaiCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoChainlink is rolling out support for xDai, a layer-two sidechain whose perceived centralization hasn’t stopped major DApp players. Chainlink (LINK) oracles have made their way…
- Binance Smart Chain 'copykat' project loses $31 million in possible rugpullCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoUsers now need to ask: how many more protocols are at risk? At roughly 9 am UTC today Meerkat, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol on…
- Unslashed Finance raises $2M for crypto insurance platformCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoInvestors include Lemniscap, P2P capital and others. Unslashed Finance has sold $400 million in coverage since its private launch last month. Unslashed Finance, a decentralized…
- BitGo receives trust license from New York regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoGoldman Sachs-backed crypto custodian BitGo has acquired a New York Trust license to operate as an independent custodian in the state. Major American digital asset…
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi. Decentralized finance is one of the most promising and…