What is Ethereum Classic?
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a hard fork from Ethereum, initially developed as a response from a hack which took US$50 million in Ether from The DAO, an autonomous organization running a crowdfund to build open-source decentralized business models based on the Ethereum. An expressive group within the community aligned to pull off a fork which would roll back the chain to the state it was before the hacks happened, resulting in ETC.
IOHK, the group responsible for Cardano, is also one of the main ayers behind ETC.
Ethereum Classic and Ethereum, today, are similar platforms but with different futures ahead. ETC won't enjoy the same updates of Ethereum, such as the Casper protocol, but can as well be benefited by different enhancements by their new developers.
- Historical Data
Ethereum Classic News
- 3 reasons Bitcoin suddenly dropped 3% in 1 hour and recoveredCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped over 3% in under an hour after surging to $13,350, but its high time frame log charts remain highly…
- Bitcoin breaking through $12K is huge but don't expect higher prices before 2021Cointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoBitcoin price may now see sideways action for a few months after breaking through crucial multi-year resistance at $12,000. The previous week has been tremendous…
- Corporate disclosure is the only way to get crypto institutionalizedCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoDisclosure best practices need to be adopted as their lack is holding the industry back. Some people predicted that crypto assets were going to be…
- Gold ‘breaking down’ against Bitcoin is highly bullish for BTC — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoReal Vision Group CEO Raoul Pal says gold is “breaking down” against Bitcoin, a signal that the bullish case for BTC continues to strengthen. Earlier…
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…