What is EOS?
Launched in June 2018 by Block.one, the EOS (EOS) token powers the EOS decentralized applications platform. The software protocol is an open-source blockchain for building DApps.
EOS supports large-scale applications and doesn’t charge fees to send or receive EOS tokens. Instead, developers must hold EOS tokens instead of spending them on transaction fees to use the EOSIO platform resources to build DApps.
There are just under one billion EOS in circulation, and the coin has a market cap of $2.6 billion USD. The EOS coin is traded on several of the top cryptocurrency exchanges.
As part of its ICO, Block.one promised to back the EOS token with $1 billion in funding. They released one billion EOS tokens during the ICO, which raised over $4 billion and set an ICO record.
The EOSIO Decentralized Application (DApps) Platform
The EOSIO blockchain-as-a-service platform enables building public and private DApps. The platform is fast, secure, and can scale to process a million transactions per second without fees.
The EOSIO platform is more scalable and flexible than other blockchain networks like Ethereum. EOSIO creates a lucrative and easy to use platform that has several popular resources like:
Self-describing database schemas
Declarative permission scheme
Web toolkit for interface development
One of the EOSIO’s best features is that it uses familiar development patterns and languages for programming, making it easy for developers to create seamless DApps. Because of this, EOSIO is very attractive to software developers and has thousands of daily active users.
The EOSIO platform governance allows token holders to elect 21 block producers using the delegated-proof-of-stake (DPoS) voting mechanism. These block producers process transactions and distribute power between themselves, which improves governance compared to Proof of Work (PoW).
What are EOS Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does EOS (EOS) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, EOS currently ranks in position 42 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider EOS‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. EOS has a market cap of $ 3,751,741,598, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 808,332,024,876, Litecoin at $ 9,966,446,895, Ethereum at $ 343,083,359,129, Tether at $ 70,655,155,087, and XRP at $ 43,801,005,701.
What is the price of EOS (EOS) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of EOS is $ 3.87 in USD. (The price in Euros is 3,30 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00009000 BTC.)
What is EOS‘s (EOS) market supply?
The total available supply of EOS is 968,466,281 EOS. The total supply of EOS is 0 EOS.
What is the 24 hour volume for EOS (EOS)?
The 24 hour volume for EOS is $ 1,374,485,857.
How has EOS (EOS) performed recently?
EOS‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -4.73%. This compares with a seven day change of -29.32%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,374,485,857. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is EOS (EOS) official website?
Links to EOS‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has EOS (EOS) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how EOS has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy EOS (EOS)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- A third of Salvadorans ‘actively’ using Chivo wallet, President Bukele claimsCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoOn Sept. 6, El Salvador became the first country to adopt BTC as legal tender, attracting both praise and criticism from the global community. Salvadoran…
- Crypto recovers on positive Fed and Evergrande news, then drops amid China FUD; Sorare and Dapper Labs raised a combined $930M: Hodler’s Digest, Sept. 19-25Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Derivatives data suggests Solana has reached a short-term topCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoSOL’s futures open interest recently hit $1 billion and while the recent price swing liquidated leveraged longs, data suggests the short-term top is not a…
- DeFi gaming: A catalyst to mainstream adoption of decentralized financeCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoGaming is on track to boost the adoption of DeFi platforms. Here is a look at the latest developments that are pushing the play-to-earn business…
- Average Aussie crypto portfolio grew 258% in FY 20-21, survey revealsCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoOlder Australian crypto investors outweigh the new generation in initial investment, but the younger crowd is more active in daily trading. The average portfolio size…