What is EOS?
Launched in June 2018 by Block.one, the EOS (EOS) token powers the EOS decentralized applications platform. The software protocol is an open-source blockchain for building DApps.
EOS supports large-scale applications and doesn’t charge fees to send or receive EOS tokens. Instead, developers must hold EOS tokens instead of spending them on transaction fees to use the EOSIO platform resources to build DApps.
There are just under one billion EOS in circulation, and the coin has a market cap of $2.6 billion USD. The EOS coin is traded on several of the top cryptocurrency exchanges.
As part of its ICO, Block.one promised to back the EOS token with $1 billion in funding. They released one billion EOS tokens during the ICO, which raised over $4 billion and set an ICO record.
The EOSIO Decentralized Application (DApps) Platform
The EOSIO blockchain-as-a-service platform enables building public and private DApps. The platform is fast, secure, and can scale to process a million transactions per second without fees.
The EOSIO platform is more scalable and flexible than other blockchain networks like Ethereum. EOSIO creates a lucrative and easy to use platform that has several popular resources like:
Self-describing database schemas
Declarative permission scheme
Web toolkit for interface development
One of the EOSIO’s best features is that it uses familiar development patterns and languages for programming, making it easy for developers to create seamless DApps. Because of this, EOSIO is very attractive to software developers and has thousands of daily active users.
The EOSIO platform governance allows token holders to elect 21 block producers using the delegated-proof-of-stake (DPoS) voting mechanism. These block producers process transactions and distribute power between themselves, which improves governance compared to Proof of Work (PoW).
What are EOS Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does EOS (EOS) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, EOS currently ranks in position 17 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider EOS‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. EOS has a market cap of $ 2,573,414,828, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 633,740,736,805, Litecoin at $ 9,502,116,799, Ethereum at $ 161,126,929,873, Tether at $ 24,973,079,833, and XRP at $ 12,533,032,822.
What is the price of EOS (EOS) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of EOS is $ 2.70 in USD. (The price in Euros is 2,22 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00007900 BTC.)
How has EOS (EOS) performed recently?
EOS‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.55%. This compares with a seven day change of -1.98%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,959,508,405. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is EOS (EOS) official website?
Links to EOS‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has EOS (EOS) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how EOS has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy EOS (EOS)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitkub submits improvement plans to Thai SEC and resumes tradingCointelegraph.com News - 56 minutes agoThe regulator had previously suspended the exchange following several brief outages due to extreme volume spikes. Bitkub, Thailand’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, resumed its services on…
- More institutional adoption as Marathon Patent Group purchases $150M in BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoCEO Merrick Okamoto said the crypto purchase would help make Marathon an appealing choice to investors seeking “exposure to this new asset class.” Nevada-based crypto…
- Why traders say Ethereum may see a 'rinse' pullback after breaking its two-year highCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoTraders say ETH price could pull back temporarily after climbing to a new all-time high above $1,470, despite the momentum of Ethereum. Several traders believe…
- Grayscale donates $1M to Coin Center, pledges up to $1M more in matched contributionsCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoGrayscale hopes to build off the success of Kraken’s donate-and-match program from 2018. Grayscale Investments, the world’s largest digital-asset manager, has pledged $1 million to…
- Blockchain-aided voting trials to begin in IndiaCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoBlockchain technology could provide the security needed to expand national voting beyond provincial borders. Trials of blockchain-aided voting in India that would enable voters to…