What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they're holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- Historical Data
- Bull or bear? Pros don’t care! Here’s 3 strategies every trader should knowCointelegraph.com News - 55 minutes agoHere’s 3 strategies pro traders use to produce profits regardless of the market’s direction. Those new to investing might think that professional traders spend the…
- Tether's general counsel doubles down on support for Peter McCormackCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours ago“Tether supports Peter McCormack and believes he’s in the right,” said Stuart Hoegner. Stuart Hoegner, general counsel for Tether and cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex, is pushing…
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, XLMCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoBitcoin remains in an uptrend but is facing signs of exhaustion above $13,200, suggesting that a minor correction could drag altcoins lower. Hot on the…
- PayPal special! Crypto plans revealed, Bitcoin’s reaction, critics circle: Hodler’s Digest, Oct. 19–25Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoThe best (and worst) quotes, adoption and regulation highlights, leading coins, predictions and much more — one week on Cointelegraph in one link! Coming every…
- Coinbase CEO prompts furious accusations of hypocrisy as he pushes political misinformationCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBrian Armstrong labeled a misleading political post endorsing Kanye West for president as “epic” Less than a month after Brian Armstrong declared Coinbase should “be…