What is Energy Web Token?
The Energy Web Chain is a newer blockchain from the Energy Web Foundation nonprofit. The global organization seeks to utilize the power of blockchain specific to the energy industry. Utility and energy companies use this blockchain in a growing number of countries. The Energy Web blockchain can be used for environmental impact data collection to encourage renewable energy solutions and to reduce carbon emissions.
Through an open-source application called EW Zero, users can find renewable energy vendors and track environmental impact results. The open-source app uses the same languages as Ethereum, so it promotes an easier segway to adoption. Energy Web also seeks to reduce blockchain technology's carbon footprint while lowering the amount of energy needed to operate. One of the first prominent users of EW was the Austrian power grid in 2019. Energy Web's ecosystem also includes hard-hitting American companies such as Shell, General Electric, and PG&E. The adoption of energy and grid operators makes Energy Web a promising investment for token holders.
Energy Web also projects that the demand for electric vehicles will skyrocket in the next few years. They aim to be ahead of the trend by providing grid management solutions to support charging with an increased need for electricity. The EW website surmises that the demand for electricity could be boosted by as much as the entire grid use of Germany or Japan in 10 years.
Energy Web Token (EWT)
The EWT is the utility token for Energy Web systems. There are 30,062,138 EWT circulating out of the total supply of 48,638,535 EWT. The tokens are trading at about $6.00 as of December 2020. The total ROI since release is a healthy 423.72%. The market cap is $165,884,022, and its current market rank is 80. Users can purchase EWT from a few global exchanges: Kucoin, BitMart, and Liquid.
What are Energy Web Token Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Energy Web Token (EWT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Energy Web Token currently ranks in position 99 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Energy Web Token‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Energy Web Token has a market cap of $ 541,825,420, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 910,056,144,661, Litecoin at $ 12,123,485,414, Ethereum at $ 177,796,612,116, Tether at $ 36,389,705,521, and XRP at $ 21,627,054,490.
What is the price of Energy Web Token (EWT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Energy Web Token is $ 16.36 in USD. (The price in Euros is 13,54 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00033500 BTC.)
What is Energy Web Token‘s (EWT) market supply?
The total available supply of Energy Web Token is 33,120,253 EWT. The total supply of Energy Web Token is 61,680,210 EWT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Energy Web Token (EWT)?
The 24 hour volume for Energy Web Token is $ 8,787,051.
How has Energy Web Token (EWT) performed recently?
Energy Web Token‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -3.47%. This compares with a seven day change of 22.07%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 8,787,051. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Energy Web Token (EWT) official website?
Links to Energy Web Token‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Energy Web Token (EWT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Energy Web Token has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Energy Web Token (EWT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Energy Web Token News
- A dark horse in the Ethereum scaling wars? Chainlink’s oracles find fertile ground on xDaiCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoChainlink is rolling out support for xDai, a layer-two sidechain whose perceived centralization hasn’t stopped major DApp players. Chainlink (LINK) oracles have made their way…
- Binance Smart Chain 'copykat' project loses $31 million in possible rugpullCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoUsers now need to ask: how many more protocols are at risk? At roughly 9 am UTC today Meerkat, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol on…
- Unslashed Finance raises $2M for crypto insurance platformCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoInvestors include Lemniscap, P2P capital and others. Unslashed Finance has sold $400 million in coverage since its private launch last month. Unslashed Finance, a decentralized…
- BitGo receives trust license from New York regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoGoldman Sachs-backed crypto custodian BitGo has acquired a New York Trust license to operate as an independent custodian in the state. Major American digital asset…
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi. Decentralized finance is one of the most promising and…