What is Dogecoin?
If you're familiar with the doge internet meme, you know the logo of Dogecoin. The logo is a Shiba Inu dog, but Dodgecoin is a type of open-source digital currency. If you're interested in DOGE, there are a few things you should know.
More About DOGE
In 2013, DOGE was forked from Litecoin. It's the brainchild of Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, who designed it to be a fun cryptocurrency. Instead of only appealing to the standard Bitcoin audience, DOGE was meant to appeal to a larger audience.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, tweeted about his love of Dogecoin. A few features, like Scrypt technology and a block time of one minute, make this currency incredibly unique. There is an uncapped supply so that you can mine an unlimited amount of Dogecoin.
There are two ways to mine Dogecoin - on your own, or in a mining pool. As long as you have a Mac, Linux, or Windows system and a GPU, you can mine Dogecoin. Mining DOGE is faster than mining Bitcoin or Litecoin, but the reward is much less. However, the block reward for DOGE is higher than either alternative currency. If you mine in a pool, you'll need to pay fees and share the pool.
Typically, Dogecoin is used on Twitter and Reddit as a way of tipping. If someone likes a post, they can give Dogecoin to the content creator. To receive Dogecoin, you need to be active in a community that relies on the currency. Another option is to find a Dogecoin faucet, or a website that gives away small amounts of the currency.
If you head to a digital currency exchange, you can sell or buy Dogecoin. You can store it in a Dogecoin wallet or use it to tip in your favorite digital community. As of December 7th, the exchange rate for Dogecoin was $0.003186 USD.
What are Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 5 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dogecoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 67,633,116,206, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 879,334,498,577, Litecoin at $ 20,157,343,343, Ethereum at $ 419,113,111,937, Tether at $ 58,462,408,539, and XRP at $ 67,451,221,675.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.522562 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,432459 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001100 BTC.)
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total available supply of Dogecoin is 129,624,091,405 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume for Dogecoin is $ 8,686,865,502.
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 3.35%. This compares with a seven day change of -17.53%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 8,686,865,502. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Links to Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dogecoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Solana pumps to all-time high as Bitcoin, altcoins lagCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoSOL was one of the top-performing cryptocurrencies on Sunday, outperforming Bitcoin and Ethereum by a considerable margin. Solana’s native SOL token is charting new highs…
- The regulators are coming for crypto: What investors need to knowCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoIncreasingly sophisticated and constructive regulation of digital assets promotes innovation and helps economies to flourish. Just this week, Ether (ETH) breached the $4,000 mark while…
- Inflation winds stiffen as Bitcoin ballast on balance sheets proves its valueCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoFirms with iconoclastic leaders, like Musk and Dorsey, “would be the most likely to take the plunge” and commit sizable cash balances to crypto. As…
- FATF draft guidance targets DeFi with complianceCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe final guidance expected to be issued by the FATF this summer might determine the next chapter for the decentralized finance space. The decentralized finance,…
- Defying COVID-19: Blockchain events make an in-person returnCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoDue to the pandemic, many global events have been canceled, but some conferences can still be visited in 2021. The year 2020, for most of…