What is Dogecoin?
If you're familiar with the doge internet meme, you know the logo of Dogecoin. The logo is a Shiba Inu dog, but Dodgecoin is a type of open-source digital currency. If you're interested in DOGE, there are a few things you should know.
More About DOGE
In 2013, DOGE was forked from Litecoin. It's the brainchild of Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, who designed it to be a fun cryptocurrency. Instead of only appealing to the standard Bitcoin audience, DOGE was meant to appeal to a larger audience.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, tweeted about his love of Dogecoin. A few features, like Scrypt technology and a block time of one minute, make this currency incredibly unique. There is an uncapped supply so that you can mine an unlimited amount of Dogecoin.
There are two ways to mine Dogecoin - on your own, or in a mining pool. As long as you have a Mac, Linux, or Windows system and a GPU, you can mine Dogecoin. Mining DOGE is faster than mining Bitcoin or Litecoin, but the reward is much less. However, the block reward for DOGE is higher than either alternative currency. If you mine in a pool, you'll need to pay fees and share the pool.
Typically, Dogecoin is used on Twitter and Reddit as a way of tipping. If someone likes a post, they can give Dogecoin to the content creator. To receive Dogecoin, you need to be active in a community that relies on the currency. Another option is to find a Dogecoin faucet, or a website that gives away small amounts of the currency.
If you head to a digital currency exchange, you can sell or buy Dogecoin. You can store it in a Dogecoin wallet or use it to tip in your favorite digital community. As of December 7th, the exchange rate for Dogecoin was $0.003186 USD.
What are Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 11 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dogecoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 17,437,369,146, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 675,220,362,909, Litecoin at $ 7,480,671,230, Ethereum at $ 297,555,853,038, Tether at $ 78,219,614,079, and XRP at $ 29,384,414,967.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.129511 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,113965 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000367 BTC.)
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total available supply of Dogecoin is 132,670,764,300 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume for Dogecoin is $ 1,410,041,251.
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -15.22%. This compares with a seven day change of -29.46%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,410,041,251. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Links to Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dogecoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- El Salvador buys its cheapest 410 Bitcoin as prices reach $36kCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoPresident Nayib Bukele confirmed that the purchase of 410 BTC was made against $15 million, placing the trading price at approximately $36,585 per BTC. The…
- Blockchain and the evolution of business models in the game industryCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoWith the introduction of blockchain-based assets for games comes the possibility of entirely new business models and innovative development. The first computer games were developed…
- Altcoin Roundup: 3 emerging P2E gaming trends to keep an eye on in 2022Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe hype that sparked rapid growth in blockchain-based play-to-earn games in 2021 has begun to dissipate, but here are three projects focused on bringing fresh…
- The life cycle of smart contracts in the blockchain ecosystemCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe life cycle of smart contract development involves crucial steps: create, freeze, execute and finalize. Can a smart contract be destroyed?Yes, smart contracts can be…
- Bitcoin falls to $36K, traders say bulls need a ‘Hail Mary’ to avoid a bear marketCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoBTC price dropped to new lows at $36,000, leading analysts to call for a “Hail Mary close above $39,600” to stave off a bearish shift…