What is Dogecoin?
If you're familiar with the doge internet meme, you know the logo of Dogecoin. The logo is a Shiba Inu dog, but Dodgecoin is a type of open-source digital currency. If you're interested in DOGE, there are a few things you should know.
More About DOGE
In 2013, DOGE was forked from Litecoin. It's the brainchild of Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, who designed it to be a fun cryptocurrency. Instead of only appealing to the standard Bitcoin audience, DOGE was meant to appeal to a larger audience.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, tweeted about his love of Dogecoin. A few features, like Scrypt technology and a block time of one minute, make this currency incredibly unique. There is an uncapped supply so that you can mine an unlimited amount of Dogecoin.
There are two ways to mine Dogecoin - on your own, or in a mining pool. As long as you have a Mac, Linux, or Windows system and a GPU, you can mine Dogecoin. Mining DOGE is faster than mining Bitcoin or Litecoin, but the reward is much less. However, the block reward for DOGE is higher than either alternative currency. If you mine in a pool, you'll need to pay fees and share the pool.
Typically, Dogecoin is used on Twitter and Reddit as a way of tipping. If someone likes a post, they can give Dogecoin to the content creator. To receive Dogecoin, you need to be active in a community that relies on the currency. Another option is to find a Dogecoin faucet, or a website that gives away small amounts of the currency.
If you head to a digital currency exchange, you can sell or buy Dogecoin. You can store it in a Dogecoin wallet or use it to tip in your favorite digital community. As of December 7th, the exchange rate for Dogecoin was $0.003186 USD.
What are Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 8 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dogecoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 13,536,640,457, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 316,529,344,616, Litecoin at $ 5,389,301,085, Ethereum at $ 144,325,063,617, Tether at $ 65,378,793,238, and XRP at $ 20,079,394,128.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.099065 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,095123 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000601 BTC.)
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total available supply of Dogecoin is 137,078,166,384 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume for Dogecoin is $ 2,788,217,549.
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 10.66%. This compares with a seven day change of 27.44%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 2,788,217,549. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Links to Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dogecoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Taking down crypto influencers is one step that would help to heal the marketCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe EU moved in the right direction by passing a law requiring influencers to disclose the risks associated with crypto. More countries should follow their…
- After FTX: Defi can go mainstream if it overcomes its flawsCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe collapse of FTX and other centralized platforms in 2022 has pushed investors toward noncustodial platforms. The collapse of the now-bankrupt cryptocurrency exchange FTX has…
- TON Telegram integration highlights synergy of blockchain communityCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoIndependent developers from The Open Network community developed a Telegram bot for trading and transferring cryptocurrency. As a result of a recent upgrade to the…
- The reason bots dominate crypto gaming? Cash-grubbing developers incentivize themCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoUsers who have the most ability to profit from the crass profiteering mechanisms are those who use automated systems to “play” the games. Think back…
- Bitcoin ‘millionaire’ wallets drop 80% in year of BTC price bear marketCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoTwelve months after Bitcoin’s last all-time high, seven-figure BTC balances have taken a hit. Bitcoin (BTC) millionaires are becoming an increasingly rare breed as numbers…