What is Dogecoin?
If you're familiar with the doge internet meme, you know the logo of Dogecoin. The logo is a Shiba Inu dog, but Dodgecoin is a type of open-source digital currency. If you're interested in DOGE, there are a few things you should know.
More About DOGE
In 2013, DOGE was forked from Litecoin. It's the brainchild of Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, who designed it to be a fun cryptocurrency. Instead of only appealing to the standard Bitcoin audience, DOGE was meant to appeal to a larger audience.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, tweeted about his love of Dogecoin. A few features, like Scrypt technology and a block time of one minute, make this currency incredibly unique. There is an uncapped supply so that you can mine an unlimited amount of Dogecoin.
There are two ways to mine Dogecoin - on your own, or in a mining pool. As long as you have a Mac, Linux, or Windows system and a GPU, you can mine Dogecoin. Mining DOGE is faster than mining Bitcoin or Litecoin, but the reward is much less. However, the block reward for DOGE is higher than either alternative currency. If you mine in a pool, you'll need to pay fees and share the pool.
Typically, Dogecoin is used on Twitter and Reddit as a way of tipping. If someone likes a post, they can give Dogecoin to the content creator. To receive Dogecoin, you need to be active in a community that relies on the currency. Another option is to find a Dogecoin faucet, or a website that gives away small amounts of the currency.
If you head to a digital currency exchange, you can sell or buy Dogecoin. You can store it in a Dogecoin wallet or use it to tip in your favorite digital community. As of December 7th, the exchange rate for Dogecoin was $0.003186 USD.
What are Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 10 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dogecoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 27,584,902,133, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 805,936,265,176, Litecoin at $ 10,726,928,646, Ethereum at $ 352,124,841,828, Tether at $ 70,101,957,195, and XRP at $ 43,926,638,788.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.209825 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,178941 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000500 BTC.)
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total available supply of Dogecoin is 131,370,998,474 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume for Dogecoin is $ 2,046,256,329.
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -9.67%. This compares with a seven day change of -11.50%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 2,046,256,329. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Links to Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dogecoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Here's why Bitcoin might be safe from a global stock market crisisCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoBTC’s lack of integration with traditional finance and its inability to be forcefully sold to cover financial losses mean the price might not ‘collapse’ if…
- Ethereum killers or just pretenders? But Ether remains king for nowCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe issue of high gas fees rears its head up for the Ethereum community yet again as “Ethereum killer” networks continue to gain more attention.…
- Cardano price dips after smart contract launch, Walmart working with Litecoin is fake news, Coinbase raises $2B from junk-bond sale: Hodler’s Digest, Sept. 12-18Cointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Bitcoin is great, but real crypto innovation has moved elsewhereCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin will always be the boss, but the real innovative and groundbreaking developments are happening in layer-2 solutions, DAOs, NFTs with utility and the emerging…
- 100 years ago, Henry Ford proposed ‘energy currency’ to replace goldCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin appears to meet the definition of an energy-backed currency proposed by the famed American inventor during the interbellum period. In 1921, American industrialist Henry…