What is Dogecoin?
If you're familiar with the doge internet meme, you know the logo of Dogecoin. The logo is a Shiba Inu dog, but Dodgecoin is a type of open-source digital currency. If you're interested in DOGE, there are a few things you should know.
More About DOGE
In 2013, DOGE was forked from Litecoin. It's the brainchild of Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer, who designed it to be a fun cryptocurrency. Instead of only appealing to the standard Bitcoin audience, DOGE was meant to appeal to a larger audience.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, tweeted about his love of Dogecoin. A few features, like Scrypt technology and a block time of one minute, make this currency incredibly unique. There is an uncapped supply so that you can mine an unlimited amount of Dogecoin.
There are two ways to mine Dogecoin - on your own, or in a mining pool. As long as you have a Mac, Linux, or Windows system and a GPU, you can mine Dogecoin. Mining DOGE is faster than mining Bitcoin or Litecoin, but the reward is much less. However, the block reward for DOGE is higher than either alternative currency. If you mine in a pool, you'll need to pay fees and share the pool.
Typically, Dogecoin is used on Twitter and Reddit as a way of tipping. If someone likes a post, they can give Dogecoin to the content creator. To receive Dogecoin, you need to be active in a community that relies on the currency. Another option is to find a Dogecoin faucet, or a website that gives away small amounts of the currency.
If you head to a digital currency exchange, you can sell or buy Dogecoin. You can store it in a Dogecoin wallet or use it to tip in your favorite digital community. As of December 7th, the exchange rate for Dogecoin was $0.003186 USD.
What are Dogecoin Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dogecoin (DOGE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dogecoin currently ranks in position 14 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dogecoin‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dogecoin has a market cap of $ 6,451,093,881, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 868,565,143,040, Litecoin at $ 11,468,793,968, Ethereum at $ 168,400,575,668, Tether at $ 35,011,220,942, and XRP at $ 19,789,951,497.
What is the price of Dogecoin (DOGE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dogecoin is $ 0.050472 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,041509 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000100 BTC.)
What is Dogecoin‘s (DOGE) market supply?
The total available supply of Dogecoin is 128,550,709,919 DOGE. The total supply of Dogecoin is 0 DOGE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dogecoin (DOGE)?
The 24 hour volume for Dogecoin is $ 1,621,764,095.
How has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed recently?
Dogecoin‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -0.71%. This compares with a seven day change of -9.06%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,621,764,095. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dogecoin (DOGE) official website?
Links to Dogecoin‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dogecoin (DOGE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dogecoin has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dogecoin (DOGE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Blockchain and crypto will challenge current finance, Nigeria VP saysCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoYemi Osinbajo sees potential for crypto and blockchain. Nigeria’s vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, delivered a speech at an economic summit on Friday in which he…
- Increasing stock market volatility drags Bitcoin and altcoin prices lowerCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoGrowing concerns over rising U.S. Treasury yields are putting pressure on global financial markets and possibly dragging cryptocurrency prices lower. The cryptocurrency market faced another…
- Alpha Finance Lab rallies after integrating with Compound and Binance Smart ChainCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoAlpha Finance Lab’s recent integration with Binance Smart Chain and Compound Finance triggered an 85% rally in the protocol’s ALPHA governance token. Alpha Finance Lab…
- NFTs based on STARZ show ‘American Gods’ coming soon from CurioCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe NFT market continues to expand, with upcoming tokens based on a mainstream TV show. Curio, a platform which sells non fungible tokens, is helping…
- Law Decoded: Loose ends and long dramas, Feb. 19–26Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoLongstanding sagas in crypto saw major plot development and even a conclusion or two in this week’s newsletter. Every Friday, Law Decoded delivers analysis on…