What is DigiByte?
DigiByte was created as a next-generation cryptocurrency and blockchain that builds on the foundations of BitCoin while surpassing legacy cryptocurrencies in several different ways. DigiByte has actually been around for a while, though you may not have been aware of them. They have been going about their business and proving what they claimed initially about being better than the legacy cryptocurrencies. DigiByte is actually a modification of BitCoin, and what they claim is that DigiByte offers better security, faster speeds, and increased capacity compared to BitCoin and other legacy cryptocurrencies.
What Makes DigiByte Different
There are several aspects to DigiByte that set it apart from other blockchains in important ways. First, whereas most other blockchains utilize only one algorithm for security and verification, DigiByte uses five different algorithms. By having five different algorithms, DigiByte decentralizes the network while enhancing the security of the network. The other aspect to DigiByte is really several aspects rolled into one. DigiByte has three different layers to it: the top layer for contracts and decentralized apps; the middle layer that handles the DigiByte coin and ledger system; and the bottom layer is the system's core infrastructure.
DigiByte has been out in the public for over six years at this point, and that has allowed its claims to be proven over time. The more immediate goal is for the top layer to be exploited more, and the introduction of DigiAssets was created for this purpose. Decentralized apps, and especially tokens for a variety of uses, are able to be created on this level. $DGB is the coin that is used on the DigiByte network, and like other cryptocurrencies can be used for payments, transferring value and other uses.
Wondering how cryptocurrencies can go mainstream? Crypto.co provides insight on how to grow cryptocurrencies and their use
What are DigiByte Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does DigiByte (DGB) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, DigiByte currently ranks in position 81 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider DigiByte‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. DigiByte has a market cap of $ 789,177,596, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 873,150,612,783, Litecoin at $ 11,499,341,497, Ethereum at $ 170,965,507,565, Tether at $ 36,309,551,516, and XRP at $ 21,075,191,061.
What is the price of DigiByte (DGB) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of DigiByte is $ 0.055953 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,046297 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000100 BTC.)
What is DigiByte‘s (DGB) market supply?
The total available supply of DigiByte is 14,092,863,713 DGB. The total supply of DigiByte is 21,000,000,000 DGB.
What is the 24 hour volume for DigiByte (DGB)?
The 24 hour volume for DigiByte is $ 59,600,942.
How has DigiByte (DGB) performed recently?
DigiByte‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -5.12%. This compares with a seven day change of 0.46%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 59,600,942. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is DigiByte (DGB) official website?
Links to DigiByte‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has DigiByte (DGB) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how DigiByte has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy DigiByte (DGB)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- A dark horse in the Ethereum scaling wars? Chainlink’s oracles find fertile ground on xDaiCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoChainlink is rolling out support for xDai, a layer-two sidechain whose perceived centralization hasn’t stopped major DApp players. Chainlink (LINK) oracles have made their way…
- Binance Smart Chain 'copykat' project loses $31 million in possible rugpullCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoUsers now need to ask: how many more protocols are at risk? At roughly 9 am UTC today Meerkat, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol on…
- Unslashed Finance raises $2M for crypto insurance platformCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoInvestors include Lemniscap, P2P capital and others. Unslashed Finance has sold $400 million in coverage since its private launch last month. Unslashed Finance, a decentralized…
- BitGo receives trust license from New York regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoGoldman Sachs-backed crypto custodian BitGo has acquired a New York Trust license to operate as an independent custodian in the state. Major American digital asset…
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi. Decentralized finance is one of the most promising and…