What is Decred?
Decred (/ˈdi:ˈkred/, /dɪˈkred/, dee-cred) is an open-source, community-based cryptocurrency, similar to Bitcoin. Decred was launched in February 2016 by the bitcoin developers that engineered btcsuite, an alternative full-node Bitcoin implementation written in the Go (golang) programming language and is used by development projects such as Ethereum, Factom, BitGo, OpenBazaar, and the Lightning Network.
- Historical Data
- INX to boost its $117M IPO with token listings on global exchangesCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoRaising $10 million out of $117 million to date, INX expects to finish the IPO by year’s end. INX, a global digital asset trading platform,…
- Russia’s Gazprombank gets green light for crypto custody in SwitzerlandCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoRussian banks tap Bitcoin services abroad while the government at home sees no future for private cryptos. Major private-owned Russian bank Gazprombank has received regulatory…
- New Huawei smartphone will feature a hardware wallet for digital yuanCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe Mate40 series will reportedly enable dual offline transactions and allow users to control anonymity. Huawei has announced that its forthcoming Mate40 smartphone series will…
- Bitcoin just 4 days away from historically bullish $10K price recordCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoIf Bitcoin can stay above $10,000 by the day of the U.S. elections, history suggests that $100,000 is next. Bitcoin (BTC) has spent nearly 100…
- Blockchain could become a part of the US military’s strategic weaponryCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoSIMBA Chain beat competitors such as Boeing by using blockchain to underpin a war games solution for the U.S. Department of Defense. One often hears…