What is Decentraland?
Decentraland (MANA) is an ERC-20 token developed on the Ethereum blockchain. It provides the user with a virtual reality environment where they can explore Decentraland, buy and sell land, view various districts, create/publish their content on Decentraland and monetize it. Users have complete rights over the content created or published on Decentraland. The user which own land on Decentraland can control what content can be published on his land. Content can range from static images to games or videos.
Decentraland was created by Ari Melich and Esteban Ordano who also created Bitcore and Streamium. The team consists of 8 other members including core developers, marketers, and illustrators. The team is assisted by three advisors
The purpose of Decentraland is to provide a virtual reality environment or a simulation of the real world. People can buy sell the lands, MANA is the token that can be used for financial transactions on Decentraland.
- Historical Data
- Bull or bear? Pros don’t care! Here’s 3 strategies every trader should knowCointelegraph.com News - 45 minutes agoHere’s 3 strategies pro traders use to produce profits regardless of the market’s direction. Those new to investing might think that professional traders spend the…
- Tether's general counsel doubles down on support for Peter McCormackCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours ago“Tether supports Peter McCormack and believes he’s in the right,” said Stuart Hoegner. Stuart Hoegner, general counsel for Tether and cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex, is pushing…
- Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, XLMCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoBitcoin remains in an uptrend but is facing signs of exhaustion above $13,200, suggesting that a minor correction could drag altcoins lower. Hot on the…
- PayPal special! Crypto plans revealed, Bitcoin’s reaction, critics circle: Hodler’s Digest, Oct. 19–25Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoThe best (and worst) quotes, adoption and regulation highlights, leading coins, predictions and much more — one week on Cointelegraph in one link! Coming every…
- Coinbase CEO prompts furious accusations of hypocrisy as he pushes political misinformationCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBrian Armstrong labeled a misleading political post endorsing Kanye West for president as “epic” Less than a month after Brian Armstrong declared Coinbase should “be…