What is Dash?
Dash is an open-source cryptocurrency and blockchain dedicated to providing a cheap, fast network for global payments that is decentralized in nature. Dash aims to improve on Bitcoin (BTC) by offering more secured transactions and more robust privacy. Launched in January 2014 as a fork of Litecoin (LTC), the name “Dash” comes from the term “digital cash.” Since Dash went live, it has expanded to include features like a two-tier network offering incentivized nodes, including “master nodes” and InstantSend. This decentralized project governance system lets users instantly settle payments. Other features include PrivateSend, which provides extra optional privacy settings for transactions, and ChainLocks, making the Dash blockchain instantly immutable.
Founded by software developers Kyle Hagan and Evan Duffield, the project was initially named XCoin, which changed to Darkcoin two weeks later before once again rebranding to Dash in March 2015 to try and positively change its image.
Dash Key Points
Their website states that Dash aims to be the world’s most scalable payments-focused and user-friendly cryptocurrency. The project relies on a network of master nodes to accomplish this. Masternodes are servers backed by collateral Dash holds that are engineered to offer advanced services securely, along with governance over Dash’s proposal system. Masternodes provide an additional layer of services to the network in exchange for a portion of the block rewards by facilitating functions like PrivateSend, InstantSend, and ChainLocks. Dash is geared towards both institutions and individual users, like merchants, traders, financial services, and those who need to send international remittances. Dash Core Group reported in October 2020 that its strategic goals in the future includes building its brand and ecosystem, further advancing the technology behind the network, and making sure that users are satisfied. 10% of the block rewards for project development are distributed in a competitive and decentralized way by Dash’s governance system, allowing for the creation of many funded organizations, like Dash Core Group. Additionally, the Dash Foundation advocates for cryptocurrency adoption offers paid individual and institutional memberships and receives donations.
What are Dash Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Dash (DASH) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Dash currently ranks in position 72 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Dash‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Dash has a market cap of $ 1,776,566,310, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 805,665,164,490, Litecoin at $ 10,714,279,674, Ethereum at $ 355,187,208,012, Tether at $ 69,677,866,348, and XRP at $ 43,825,632,971.
What is the price of Dash (DASH) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Dash is $ 171.98 in USD. (The price in Euros is 146,67 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00400800 BTC.)
What is Dash‘s (DASH) market supply?
The total available supply of Dash is 10,340,159 DASH. The total supply of Dash is 18,920,000 DASH.
What is the 24 hour volume for Dash (DASH)?
The 24 hour volume for Dash is $ 467,051,463.
How has Dash (DASH) performed recently?
Dash‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -5.64%. This compares with a seven day change of -13.04%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 467,051,463. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Dash (DASH) official website?
Links to Dash‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Dash (DASH) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Dash has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Dash (DASH)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Here's why Bitcoin might be safe from a global stock market crisisCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoBTC’s lack of integration with traditional finance and its inability to be forcefully sold to cover financial losses mean the price might not ‘collapse’ if…
- Ethereum killers or just pretenders? But Ether remains king for nowCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoThe issue of high gas fees rears its head up for the Ethereum community yet again as “Ethereum killer” networks continue to gain more attention.…
- Cardano price dips after smart contract launch, Walmart working with Litecoin is fake news, Coinbase raises $2B from junk-bond sale: Hodler’s Digest, Sept. 12-18Cointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoComing every Saturday, Hodlers Digest will help you track every single important news story that happened this week. The best (and worst) quotes, adoption and…
- Bitcoin is great, but real crypto innovation has moved elsewhereCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin will always be the boss, but the real innovative and groundbreaking developments are happening in layer-2 solutions, DAOs, NFTs with utility and the emerging…
- 100 years ago, Henry Ford proposed ‘energy currency’ to replace goldCointelegraph.com News - 2 days agoBitcoin appears to meet the definition of an energy-backed currency proposed by the famed American inventor during the interbellum period. In 1921, American industrialist Henry…