What is Cosmos?
Have you heard of Cosmos cryptocurrency? If you’re interested in learning, mining, or investing in this blockchain technology, you’ll need to know the basics.
What is Cosmos?
Cosmos was made in 2014 with the intention of connected blockchain ecosystems for environmental and sustainability benefits.
They take an innovative stance on how blockchain technologies are run by rejecting proof-of-work processes that are generally accepted by large blockchains.
The Cosmos community is devoted to making the blockchain process simple to navigate and sustainable for the world.
What Makes Cosmos Different?
Aside from its eco-friendly nature, Cosmos is unique in its structure.
Instead of consisting of one blockchain, Cosmos is a collection of different blockchain ecosystems.
Cosmos is innovative in that it utilizes Tendermint BFT, proprietary technology that makes coding on the blockchain work on a proof-of-stake basis.
Using Tendermint BFT technology makes it easier for Cosmos to regulate internally.
Cosmos’s community also utilizes Cosmos SDK and IBC protocol to make their coding processes run smoothly and efficiently.
Cosmos also looks out for the little guy. Instead of being one massive network, Cosmos is a collection of connected blockchains.
One of the significant problems with cryptocurrency is a lack of unity. Decentralized communities are naturally split apart and individualized in some respects.
Cosmos aims to bridge this lack of unity with its scalable ecosystem model of blockchain.
Should You Invest In Cosmos?
If you’re searching for an eco-friendly cryptocurrency community committed to usability and sustainability, Cosmos may be for you.
You should also invest in Cosmos if you are trying to diversify your blockchain investments.
Cosmos is driving an interjected blockchain that allows for custom blockchains.
If this sounds interesting to you, invest in ATOM tokens today!
Do you want to have fresh news on all things cryptocurrency? Check out Crypto.co for the latest updates on your favorite blockchains.
What are Cosmos Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Cosmos (ATOM) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Cosmos currently ranks in position 26 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Cosmos‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Cosmos has a market cap of $ 1,949,395,096, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 630,120,638,399, Litecoin at $ 9,454,571,234, Ethereum at $ 159,827,898,096, Tether at $ 24,973,079,833, and XRP at $ 12,498,092,787.
What is the price of Cosmos (ATOM) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Cosmos is $ 8.15 in USD. (The price in Euros is 6,69 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00024100 BTC.)
How has Cosmos (ATOM) performed recently?
Cosmos‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.31%. This compares with a seven day change of -4.58%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 726,370,640. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Cosmos (ATOM) official website?
Links to Cosmos‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Cosmos (ATOM) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Cosmos has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Cosmos (ATOM)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitkub submits improvement plans to Thai SEC and resumes tradingCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoThe regulator had previously suspended the exchange following several brief outages due to extreme volume spikes. Bitkub, Thailand’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, resumed its services on…
- More institutional adoption as Marathon Patent Group purchases $150M in BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoCEO Merrick Okamoto said the crypto purchase would help make Marathon an appealing choice to investors seeking “exposure to this new asset class.” Nevada-based crypto…
- Why traders say Ethereum may see a 'rinse' pullback after breaking its two-year highCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoTraders say ETH price could pull back temporarily after climbing to a new all-time high above $1,470, despite the momentum of Ethereum. Several traders believe…
- Grayscale donates $1M to Coin Center, pledges up to $1M more in matched contributionsCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoGrayscale hopes to build off the success of Kraken’s donate-and-match program from 2018. Grayscale Investments, the world’s largest digital-asset manager, has pledged $1 million to…
- Blockchain-aided voting trials to begin in IndiaCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoBlockchain technology could provide the security needed to expand national voting beyond provincial borders. Trials of blockchain-aided voting in India that would enable voters to…