What is Obyte?
Byteball is a cryptocurrency platform, which uses directed acyclic graph (DAG) instead of blockchain. In a blockchain all the transactions are joined into blocks, and a block can be mined (a special signature should be found by one of the nodes). In a DAG most of the transactions are asynchronous: a transaction occurs when both seller and buyer are ready to sign two legs of the exchange. Byteball is an open source project, initially started in September 2016 by a team of Russian developers, but now is international. Byteball operates with coin called byte.
Main differences from classical blockchains are atomic exchange (through DAG), possibility of multi-signature and textcoins. Despite atomic exchange, vendors can issue regulated assets, which require co-signature of the issuer, so the sale complies with anti money laundering regulations. Textcoins is an option to send cryptocurrency via email or chat. Multi signature means that to spend funds two or more signatures are required, this is used for shared control funds.
Another feature of Byteball is that 99% of its currency (byte) is being distributed for free through cashback deals and referrals.
What are Obyte Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Obyte (GBYTE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Obyte currently ranks in position 879 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Obyte‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Obyte has a market cap of $ 10,635,715, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 553,606,160,728, Litecoin at $ 4,401,085,531, Ethereum at $ 215,776,351,598, Tether at $ 72,659,285,303, and XRP at $ 18,567,324,995.
What is the price of Obyte (GBYTE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Obyte is $ 13.15 in USD. (The price in Euros is 12,25 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00045261 BTC.)
What is Obyte‘s (GBYTE) market supply?
The total available supply of Obyte is 808,692 GBYTE. The total supply of Obyte is 1,000,000 GBYTE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Obyte (GBYTE)?
The 24 hour volume for Obyte is $ 3,355.
How has Obyte (GBYTE) performed recently?
Obyte‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 0.25%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.97%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,355. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Obyte (GBYTE) official website?
Links to Obyte‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Obyte (GBYTE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Obyte has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Obyte (GBYTE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitcoin price action decouples from stock markets, but not in a good wayCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoConflicting Bitcoin derivatives data shows leverage traders bullish, while pro traders fear a deeper correction below $29,000. This week the stock markets began to flash…
- STEPN rebounds sharply after falling 80% in a month — is GMT price bottoming out?Cointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoGMT’s downside pressure remains as an analyst calls STEPN a “hype-driven speculative frenzy.” A massive downtrend in the STEPN (GMT) prices witnessed in the last…
- The key technologies that power the MetaverseCointelegraph.com News - 18 hours agoMultiple metaverses use various technologies to build immersive worlds. Read about the key technologies that power the Metaverse. What are the challenges of the Metaverse?Users’…
- NFT 2.0: The next generation of NFTs will be streamlined and trustworthyCointelegraph.com News - 19 hours agoNFTs are moving into the mainstream, but this requires a streamlined and trustworthy experience for the general public’s mass adoption. Nonfungible tokens (NFTs) have been…
- Terra (LUNA) 2.0 relaunches according to Do Kwon's revival planCointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoThe Terra 2.0 mainnet (Phoenix-1) went live today as per the original timeline set by Terra developers and started producing blocks. Do Kwon, the co-founder…