What is Obyte?
Byteball is a cryptocurrency platform, which uses directed acyclic graph (DAG) instead of blockchain. In a blockchain all the transactions are joined into blocks, and a block can be mined (a special signature should be found by one of the nodes). In a DAG most of the transactions are asynchronous: a transaction occurs when both seller and buyer are ready to sign two legs of the exchange. Byteball is an open source project, initially started in September 2016 by a team of Russian developers, but now is international. Byteball operates with coin called byte.
Main differences from classical blockchains are atomic exchange (through DAG), possibility of multi-signature and textcoins. Despite atomic exchange, vendors can issue regulated assets, which require co-signature of the issuer, so the sale complies with anti money laundering regulations. Textcoins is an option to send cryptocurrency via email or chat. Multi signature means that to spend funds two or more signatures are required, this is used for shared control funds.
Another feature of Byteball is that 99% of its currency (byte) is being distributed for free through cashback deals and referrals.
What are Obyte Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Obyte (GBYTE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Obyte currently ranks in position 390 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Obyte‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Obyte has a market cap of $ 97,140,235, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 1,181,356,802,624, Litecoin at $ 17,840,129,503, Ethereum at $ 273,910,410,604, Tether at $ 46,021,723,505, and XRP at $ 78,613,437,450.
What is the price of Obyte (GBYTE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Obyte is $ 125.72 in USD. (The price in Euros is 105,76 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00198200 BTC.)
What is Obyte‘s (GBYTE) market supply?
The total available supply of Obyte is 772,889 GBYTE. The total supply of Obyte is 1,000,000 GBYTE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Obyte (GBYTE)?
The 24 hour volume for Obyte is $ 3,083,090.
How has Obyte (GBYTE) performed recently?
Obyte‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 66.61%. This compares with a seven day change of 233.01%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,083,090. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Obyte (GBYTE) official website?
Links to Obyte‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Obyte (GBYTE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Obyte has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Obyte (GBYTE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Bitcoin can hit $92K in April and still not match bull run RSI peaks: analystCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMore proof that Bitcoin is far from the most vertical stage of its bull comes from PlanB and the relative strength index. Bitcoin (BTC) can…
- Canadian Bitcoin ETFs quickly hit $1.3B in AUM while US acceptance lagsCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoIn less than two months, one Canadian Bitcoin ETF attracted $1.1 billion in assets under management, while two more funds are also growing their AUMs.…
- Dubai’s economic department to roll out blockchain-based corporate KYCCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoDubai’s Department of Economic Development wants to accelerate the total adoption of UAE KYC — the national Know Your Customer standard running on blockchain technology.…
- Ether price flirts with $2,400 ATH as irreversible hard fork loomsCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoNew all-time highs are being witnessed all over the cryptocurrency market, and Ether is no exception. Led by Bitcoin’s (BTC) ascent to a new all-time…
- DOGE soars 80% on the day to become 10th largest crypto by market capCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoBeing a “cute” and meme-like cryptocurrency has not prevented Dogecoin from seeing some serious, record-breaking price action amid the crypto market rally this week. Dogecoin…