What is Stacks?
This is a promising new system that has grown out of increased consumer demand for platforms that don't abuse user rights and data ownership like Facebook and other social media giants. Blockstack has garnered a fair amount of press from publications like the New York Times and Wired due to its pragmatic solution to data theft and trading. Encrypted data storage allows users to store their private data in a key-controlled vault independent of the app. They call this Gaia storage, and it enables users to experience secure and private data storage by keeping all storage off-chain.
Blockstack builds on Bitcoin systems to allow for new decentralized app building. Blockstack essentially harnesses Bitcoin's computing powers for security purposes after the application layer, protocol layer, and Stacks blockchain have been completed. Bitcoin provides the proof of transfer to secure the blockchain, eliminating the need for another proof of work chain.
STX is the cryptocurrency ticker for Blockstack. There are currently 711,898,032 STX in circulation out of the total supply of 945,821,398. The tokens are trading at around 0.25 USD as of December 2020. The ROI for Blockstack since its inception is -13.53%. The market cap is $184,596,066, and it currently ranks number 74 on the market. Blockstack can be purchased in a few different exchanges, though the most common market is Binance.
What are Stacks Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Stacks (STX) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Stacks currently ranks in position 93 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Stacks‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Stacks has a market cap of $ 554,147,790, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 550,511,500,506, Litecoin at $ 4,410,621,983, Ethereum at $ 214,152,045,531, Tether at $ 72,581,644,139, and XRP at $ 18,733,478,789.
What is the price of Stacks (STX) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Stacks is $ 0.52598 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,492344 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001821 BTC.)
What is Stacks‘s (STX) market supply?
The total available supply of Stacks is 1,052,561,462 STX. The total supply of Stacks is 1,352,464,600 STX.
What is the 24 hour volume for Stacks (STX)?
The 24 hour volume for Stacks is $ 11,987,383.
How has Stacks (STX) performed recently?
Stacks‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 1.01%. This compares with a seven day change of 2.64%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 11,987,383. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Stacks (STX) official website?
Links to Stacks‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Stacks (STX) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Stacks has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Stacks (STX)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- On-chain data flashes Bitcoin buy signals, but the bottom could be under $20KCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoMultiple indicators signal that BTC could be in a “buy zone” but analysts caution that its price could still dip below $20,000. Every Bitcoin investor…
- One River's spot Bitcoin ETF application rejected by SECCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe proposed environmentally conscious spot ETF was found to be insufficiently protected against fraud and manipulation, like many ETF proposals before it. The United States…
- Falling Bitcoin price doesn't affect El Salvador: 'Now it's time to buy more,' reveals Deputy Dania GonzalezCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoIn an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph, a policymaker from El Salvador reveals how BTC has been helping the country change people’s lives. Dania Gonzalez, Deputy…
- WEMIX gains 200%+ after stablecoin and boosted staking rewards announcementCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoNew partnerships, a mainnet upgrade and plans to launch a stablecoin appear to have triggered a 200% rally in WEMIX price. Blockchain-based gaming, also known…
- Crypto Biz: Smart Money is betting big on Web3, layer 2, May 19-25Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoDespite the apparent bear market in digital assets, venture capital continues to allocate billions to crypto and blockchain startups. Billions and billions. That’s what venture…