What is Bitcoin Gold?
Bitcoin Gold is a division from Bitcoin that aimed to keep the currency mineable to the general public. Large players were using special mining equipment that left them to monopolize, to some extent, the bitcoin mining process. Bitcoin gold sought to restore the ability of individual miners and new developers to give a better network that was closer to the original intentions of Bitcoin. This is different than the Bitcoin Cash split that aimed to allow faster transaction speeds and many more transactions per second. Anyone with sufficient graphics cards can mine for Bitcoin Gold, providing a new community of individuals and mining pools. The Bitcoin Gold ecosystem has grown to a large number of exchanges, swap services, wallets, services, and explorers.
Bitcoin Gold Pay is a system that helps users make transactions through BTG debit card services, connects merchants and customers, and provides a network of eCommerce tools and partners to boost Bitcoin Gold's popularity.
Bitcoin has faced a few challenges since its inception, including a major attack in which the blockchain ledgers were compromised from an unknown source. During the hack, around 388,000 BTG or about $18 million was stolen from the cryptocurrency exchanges that hosted the BTG coins. This led to exchanges being wary of the security faults of BTG, many not wanting to carry it. This led to a value decrease that BTG is still recovering from.
There is currently a circulating supply of 17,513,924 BTG out of a total supply of 17,513,924. The coins are trading at around $8.42 USD as of December 2020. The ROI since Bitcoin Gold's launch is -98.25%. The market cap for BTG is $147,448,717 USD, with a current market rank of 83. Bitcoin Gold can be purchased at least 36 different exchanges, including Binance, HitBTC, Coinsbit, Uphold, and Bithumb.
What are Bitcoin Gold Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Bitcoin Gold (BTG) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Bitcoin Gold currently ranks in position 114 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Bitcoin Gold‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Bitcoin Gold has a market cap of $ 361,001,126, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 374,114,290,062, Litecoin at $ 3,827,079,409, Ethereum at $ 161,136,656,380, Tether at $ 67,782,498,002, and XRP at $ 24,842,325,516.
What is the price of Bitcoin Gold (BTG) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Bitcoin Gold is $ 20.61 in USD. (The price in Euros is 21,23 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00105660 BTC.)
What is Bitcoin Gold‘s (BTG) market supply?
The total available supply of Bitcoin Gold is 17,513,924 BTG. The total supply of Bitcoin Gold is 21,000,000 BTG.
What is the 24 hour volume for Bitcoin Gold (BTG)?
The 24 hour volume for Bitcoin Gold is $ 3,979,507.
How has Bitcoin Gold (BTG) performed recently?
Bitcoin Gold‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -1.79%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.69%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 3,979,507. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Bitcoin Gold (BTG) official website?
Links to Bitcoin Gold‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Bitcoin Gold (BTG) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Bitcoin Gold has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Bitcoin Gold (BTG)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Bitcoin Gold News
- Russia unlikely to choose Bitcoin for cross-border crypto payments: AnalysisCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoBitcoin looks suitable for Russia’s crypto cross-border payments at first glance, but there are many reasons why such a choice is highly questionable. Despite Russia…
- Ghana set to catch up to Nigeria and Kenya in terms of crypto adoption: ChainalysisCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoPaxful CEO Ray Youssef said that the current growth trends in Ghana show that it has the potential to be a leader in terms of…
- Kazakhstan ready to legalize crypto as Russians flock to the countryCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoA major bank in Kazakhstan has completed its first purchase of crypto for fiat and the president is ready to approve exchange activities. Kazakhstan is…
- Ethereum Merge was ‘executed flawlessly,’ says Starkware co-founderCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoStarkware co-founder Eli Ben-Sasson told Cointelegraph that none of the things that people feared about the Merge happened, and everything happened as it should. As…
- Bitcoin price skirts $19.3K amid fear over ‘mother of all rug pulls’Cointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoVolatility has yet to make an appearance on hourly timeframes as the clock ticks down to the September close. Bitcoin (BTC) traders lay in wait…