What is Bitcoin SV?
The decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies empowers people to control their financial destinies instead of having such control coopted by third-party governments, central banks, or economic policies.
If you have internet service, you can mine, exchange, or buy most cryptocurrencies. Furthermore, users can politically engage in the community ecosystems of the cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies manifest ideas, philosophies, and financial principles relative to the future evolution of traditional economic systems.
And if the community ecosystem, miners, and developers of a cryptocurrency platform vehemently disagree on the platform's future, they can plot its future governance.
To understand Bitcoin SV (BSV), which is a fork of Bitcoin Cash (BCH), we have to discuss the original Bitcoin (BTC), from which Bitcoin Cash is forked.
Satoshi Nakamoto first conceptualized Bitcoin in a white paper after the 2008 global financial crisis.
Nakamoto theorized creating a decentralized cryptocurrency called Bitcoin that would be created and recorded on a public data ledger called a blockchain.
Bitcoin, first issued in January 2009, is transacted online and can be bought, exchanged, or mined by anyone with a computer.
However, because the blocks in a Bitcoin blockchain are only 1MB, transaction and processing speeds are slow. Scalability is limited, and Bitcoin is not convenient to use as an alternative everyday currency.
In August 2017, members of the Bitcoin ecosystem community, unhappy with transaction speeds, scalability, and Bitcoin's unreliability as everyday currency, initiated a hard fork from the original Bitcoin blockchain and created Bitcoin Cash.
A Bitcoin Cash block is 8MB and improves upon the transaction speeds of its predecessor.
Bitcoin Cash is also viable an everyday cryptocurrency alternative to fiat currencies.
However, some ecosystem community members of Bitcoin Cash felt that the cryptocurrency had begun to veer from the original financial philosophies of Satoshi Nakamoto.
What was the point of making Bitcoin more like fiat currencies when fiat currencies were already available and initially spurred Bitcoin's creation?
In November 2018, a hard blockchain fork of Bitcoin Cash was initialized to create Bitcoin
Bitcoin Satoshi Version
Bitcoin Satoshi Version is 32MB and optimal for use in speculative investing and corporate data caching opportunities.
What are Bitcoin SV Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Bitcoin SV (BSV) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Bitcoin SV currently ranks in position 14 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Bitcoin SV‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Bitcoin SV has a market cap of $ 3,691,117,708, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 639,708,904,391, Litecoin at $ 9,592,221,833, Ethereum at $ 148,494,354,628, Tether at $ 24,533,299,136, and XRP at $ 13,141,523,643.
What is the price of Bitcoin SV (BSV) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Bitcoin SV is $ 198.12 in USD. (The price in Euros is 163,35 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00573400 BTC.)
How has Bitcoin SV (BSV) performed recently?
Bitcoin SV‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -6.80%. This compares with a seven day change of 4.78%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 1,021,174,436. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Bitcoin SV (BSV) official website?
Links to Bitcoin SV‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Bitcoin SV (BSV) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Bitcoin SV has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Bitcoin SV (BSV)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Bitcoin SV News
- Too fast, too furious: Some major altcoins failed to match Bitcoin’s rallyCointelegraph.com News - 59 minutes agoBitcoin has broken its all-time high and has more than doubled in value at the peak, but why have some other coins failed to keep…
- Ethereum tumbles 7% right after new all-time highs: Are ETH bulls in trouble?Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoEthereum has fallen by more than 7% in the last several hours, a day after breaking its ETH/USD all-time high from three years ago. The…
- We don’t need immunity passports, we need verifiable credentialsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe idea of global vaccination and health data being stored in centralized systems has more than privacy experts freaking out. As the first vaccines against…
- Arbitrage traders make 10x returns on new DeFi platform for wrapped assetsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoA lucky trader turned 0.34 BTC into 4.6 BTC in just one swap. A recently launched decentralized finance platform, Saddle Finance, has netted one particular…
- Ether could be heading for $10.5K, says Fundstrat strategistCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoEther’s ongoing Proof-of-Stake upgrade combined with its DeFi potential and new all-time high could trigger its price above $10,000, according to one analyst. After hitting…