What is Bitcoin Cash?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
- Historical Data
Bitcoin Cash News
- 3 reasons Bitcoin suddenly dropped 3% in 1 hour and recoveredCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped over 3% in under an hour after surging to $13,350, but its high time frame log charts remain highly…
- Bitcoin breaking through $12K is huge but don't expect higher prices before 2021Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBitcoin price may now see sideways action for a few months after breaking through crucial multi-year resistance at $12,000. The previous week has been tremendous…
- Corporate disclosure is the only way to get crypto institutionalizedCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoDisclosure best practices need to be adopted as their lack is holding the industry back. Some people predicted that crypto assets were going to be…
- Gold ‘breaking down’ against Bitcoin is highly bullish for BTC — AnalystCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoReal Vision Group CEO Raoul Pal says gold is “breaking down” against Bitcoin, a signal that the bullish case for BTC continues to strengthen. Earlier…
- China's central bank lays regulatory foundation for CBDCCointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoThe new draft law legitimizes digital yuan and may criminalize the issuance of yuan-backed stablecoins by third parties China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of…