What is Basic Attention?
BAT stands for Basic Attention Token, and this is a cryptocurrency that is used in a web browser developed by the same people who developed the Basic Attention Token. The web browser is named Brave, and both the BAT and the web browser was developed by the co-founder of Mozilla and Firefox, Brendan Eich. The whole idea behind the BAT and the Brave web browser was to make online advertising for businesses more fair. Businesses want the attention of potential and actual customers, and that's where the name for the token came from.
How To Change Advertising
When you see advertising online, these are targeted ads based on a variety of demographic data that the advertisers have access to. While you see the ad, the holders of this demographic data and the users of said data are exchanging a lot of money behind the scenes. Yes, your data is for sale. BAT and the Brave web browser wants to change this equation by bringing back the consumer into the cycle. How does this happen? Using the Basic Attention Tokens, of course.
Advertisers spend BAT to pay for ads through the Brave web browser. Brave takes some of this as payment and to maintain the advertising ledger, but the rest of the BAT is distributed to the users who actually view the ads. In this way, only those users who are truly interested view the ad, but they also get a bit of enticement by receiving BAT for viewing the ads. However, because users aren't inundated with so many different ads, the ads will be more effective, and the advertisers will get more quality leads for their products or services. This is how the BAT and Brave web browser intends to change advertising.
Wondering if blockchain and crypto is going mainstream? Crypto.co discusses how Wall Street is moving to add new index funds based on blockchain
What are Basic Attention Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Basic Attention (BAT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Basic Attention currently ranks in position 80 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Basic Attention‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Basic Attention has a market cap of $ 582,478,058, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 395,950,880,537, Litecoin at $ 3,934,082,345, Ethereum at $ 144,240,172,129, Tether at $ 66,916,691,150, and XRP at $ 17,133,671,623.
What is the price of Basic Attention (BAT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Basic Attention is $ 0.386927 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,366517 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001865 BTC.)
What is Basic Attention‘s (BAT) market supply?
The total available supply of Basic Attention is 1,497,691,558 BAT. The total supply of Basic Attention is 1,500,000,000 BAT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Basic Attention (BAT)?
The 24 hour volume for Basic Attention is $ 56,395,915.
How has Basic Attention (BAT) performed recently?
Basic Attention‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -5.29%. This compares with a seven day change of 14.10%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 56,395,915. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Basic Attention (BAT) official website?
Links to Basic Attention‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Basic Attention (BAT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Basic Attention has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Basic Attention (BAT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Basic Attention News
- Educating regulators will help mitigate risks, says Figment execCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoRobert Ellison noted that a regulatory framework for staking is achievable because the concept is very easy to understand. Cointelegraph’s managing editor Alex Cohen interviewed…
- Less than 1% of all holders have 90% of the voting power in DAOs: reportCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoA user must hold between 0.1% and 1% of the outstanding token supply to create a proposal and hold between 1% and 4% to pass…
- Swiss National Bank exec: Regulators may favor centralized stablecoins after Terra crisisCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThomas Moser hinted that regulations might take time as the current regulations would wipe out the decentralized ecosystem like DeFi. Swiss National Bank (SNB) deputy…
- Metaverse fractional ownership to form similarly to property loans: Casper execCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoRalf Kubli said that smart contracts can create fractionalization agreements and divide plots of metaverse land that can be leased out individually. As metaverse land…
- China’s BSN chair calls Bitcoin Ponzi, stablecoins ‘fine if regulated’Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoStablecoins like USDT and USDC would be doing just fine if properly regulated, while Bitcoin is a “Ponzi scheme” in any case, China’s BSN chair…