What is Basic Attention Token?
BAT stands for Basic Attention Token, and this is a cryptocurrency that is used in a web browser developed by the same people who developed the Basic Attention Token. The web browser is named Brave, and both the BAT and the web browser was developed by the co-founder of Mozilla and Firefox, Brendan Eich. The whole idea behind the BAT and the Brave web browser was to make online advertising for businesses more fair. Businesses want the attention of potential and actual customers, and that's where the name for the token came from.
How To Change Advertising
When you see advertising online, these are targeted ads based on a variety of demographic data that the advertisers have access to. While you see the ad, the holders of this demographic data and the users of said data are exchanging a lot of money behind the scenes. Yes, your data is for sale. BAT and the Brave web browser wants to change this equation by bringing back the consumer into the cycle. How does this happen? Using the Basic Attention Tokens, of course.
Advertisers spend BAT to pay for ads through the Brave web browser. Brave takes some of this as payment and to maintain the advertising ledger, but the rest of the BAT is distributed to the users who actually view the ads. In this way, only those users who are truly interested view the ad, but they also get a bit of enticement by receiving BAT for viewing the ads. However, because users aren't inundated with so many different ads, the ads will be more effective, and the advertisers will get more quality leads for their products or services. This is how the BAT and Brave web browser intends to change advertising.
Wondering if blockchain and crypto is going mainstream? Crypto.co discusses how Wall Street is moving to add new index funds based on blockchain
What are Basic Attention Token Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Basic Attention Token (BAT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Basic Attention Token currently ranks in position 71 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Basic Attention Token‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Basic Attention Token has a market cap of $ 1,017,576,460, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 894,442,186,879, Litecoin at $ 11,951,765,459, Ethereum at $ 176,119,874,028, Tether at $ 36,309,551,516, and XRP at $ 21,850,240,912.
What is the price of Basic Attention Token (BAT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Basic Attention Token is $ 0.671667 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,555761 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00001400 BTC.)
What is Basic Attention Token‘s (BAT) market supply?
The total available supply of Basic Attention Token is 1,489,288,106 BAT. The total supply of Basic Attention Token is 1,500,000,000 BAT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
The 24 hour volume for Basic Attention Token is $ 612,530,568.
How has Basic Attention Token (BAT) performed recently?
Basic Attention Token‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -11.49%. This compares with a seven day change of 40.04%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 612,530,568. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Basic Attention Token (BAT) official website?
Links to Basic Attention Token‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Basic Attention Token (BAT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Basic Attention Token has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Basic Attention Token News
- A dark horse in the Ethereum scaling wars? Chainlink’s oracles find fertile ground on xDaiCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoChainlink is rolling out support for xDai, a layer-two sidechain whose perceived centralization hasn’t stopped major DApp players. Chainlink (LINK) oracles have made their way…
- Binance Smart Chain 'copykat' project loses $31 million in possible rugpullCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoUsers now need to ask: how many more protocols are at risk? At roughly 9 am UTC today Meerkat, a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol on…
- Unslashed Finance raises $2M for crypto insurance platformCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoInvestors include Lemniscap, P2P capital and others. Unslashed Finance has sold $400 million in coverage since its private launch last month. Unslashed Finance, a decentralized…
- BitGo receives trust license from New York regulatorsCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoGoldman Sachs-backed crypto custodian BitGo has acquired a New York Trust license to operate as an independent custodian in the state. Major American digital asset…
- Where does the future of DeFi belong: Ethereum or Bitcoin? Experts answerCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoHere’s what decentralized finance experts think about either Ethereum or Bitcoin as the future of DeFi. Decentralized finance is one of the most promising and…