What is Bancor Network Token?
The Bancor Network launched with the aim of providing an automated solution to the problem of illiquidity for the tail-end of the token ecosystem. It introduced the use of what it calls Smart Tokens, which are ERC20 compliant on the Ethereum blockchain, to maintain an autonomous link between tokens within the network and continuously makes them available to buy and sell without the need for a counterparty. The price is calculated automatically by the Bancor formula.
The Bancor Network Token NT) was the first Smart Token launched on the network and serves as the hub token connecting all other tokens within the network, making it possible for tokens to be easily converted for one another. Contributors to Bancor’s ICO, which successfully raised $153 million in June 2017, received half of the initial token allocation.
Bancor is named after the supranational currency conceptualized by John Maynard Keynes and Ernst Friedrich Schumacherat, which was proposed by the former for the United Kingdom during the 1944 Bretton Woods conference.
What are Bancor Network Token Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Bancor Network Token (BNT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Bancor Network Token currently ranks in position 90 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Bancor Network Token‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Bancor Network Token has a market cap of $ 599,959,794, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 913,169,533,178, Litecoin at $ 11,524,313,866, Ethereum at $ 177,267,244,218, Tether at $ 35,139,492,150, and XRP at $ 20,285,185,617.
What is the price of Bancor Network Token (BNT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Bancor Network Token is $ 5.34 in USD. (The price in Euros is 4,42 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00010800 BTC.)
What is Bancor Network Token‘s (BNT) market supply?
The total available supply of Bancor Network Token is 112,549,274 BNT. The total supply of Bancor Network Token is 143,375,182 BNT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Bancor Network Token (BNT)?
The 24 hour volume for Bancor Network Token is $ 272,654,338.
How has Bancor Network Token (BNT) performed recently?
Bancor Network Token‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 11.35%. This compares with a seven day change of -18.93%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 272,654,338. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Bancor Network Token (BNT) official website?
Links to Bancor Network Token‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Bancor Network Token (BNT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Bancor Network Token has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Bancor Network Token (BNT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
Bancor Network Token News
- Ethereum and DeFi are forcing smart contract platforms to evolveCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoSmart contract platforms are evolving, with DeFi at the center of it all — but the Ethereum factor is impossible to ignore. The decentralized finance…
- Crypto bank opens physical location in India's capital as potential regulatory ban loomsCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoUnicas is planning to open 50 banks in India by the end of the year, but a proposed bill banning crypto could complicate matters. India’s…
- BlockFi clients earn record interest payments in FebruaryCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoZac Prince, BlockFi’s CEO, said his company paid out 450 BTC, 5,000 ETH and $6 million in stablecoins last month. Crypto lending firm BlockFi posted…
- Tezos gets new oracle through Wolfram Blockchain Labs integrationCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoWolfram Blockchain has fully integrated Tezos, bringing data to and from the blockchain. Wolfram Blockchain Labs, the cryptocurrency-centric division of popular computing engine provider Wolfram…
- More Bitcoin! Michael Saylor’s MicroStrategy just keeps buying BTCCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoMichael Saylor announced MicroStrategy’s acquisition of another $15 million worth of Bitcoin as MicroStrategy continues to dollar-cost-average into BTC. MicroStrategy’s Bitcoin buying spree shows no signs…