What is Aragon?
Aragon is an Ethereum-based application that allows users to create their companies or organizations in a decentralized environment with cryptoprotocols. It uses ERC-20 tokens known as ANT as a way for users to both exchange assets and has community voting rights on the future development of the network.
History and Vision
The Aragon network was created by Luis Cuende and Jorge Izquierdo in 2017 and is funded by the Aragon Foundation. It intends to have a fast and effective settlement system that maintains itself through decentralized exchanges and community support. In 2018, they introduced how companies can create their online profiles on the network.
The ANT token can be purchased with traditional currency, as it will always represent a stable value on the market. It also indicates an individual’s claim to governance on the site, where one has more voting power with the more tokens they possess. Since there is no fixed or maximum supply of tokens, the foundation will keep generating them as Aragon continues to get funded. Smart Contracts and Decentralized Governance
By using smart contracts (online agreements that auto-fill), the two parties involved can monitor business transactions autonomously and be paid when the deal is completed. The site is also governed by users in a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) where they make big decisions for the site based on community consensus.
Aragon on the Market
The current price of Aragon is $2.39 and is ranked #105 on Crypto.co. It has a 24-hour trading volume of $12,962,493 and a market cap of $115,864,960. While there is no max supply of ANT tokens, there are currently 39,609,523 in circulation.
How to Purchase and Store Aragon
You can purchase ANT from a variety of online exchanges connected to the Ethereum network, such as Liqui, Bittrex, HitBTC, EtherDelta, among others. Since it is a standard ERC-20 token, you can store ANT tokens in a digital wallet compatible with Ethereum. Hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S and Trezor will provide the best security for your assets in ANT.
What are Aragon Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Aragon (ANT) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Aragon currently ranks in position 328 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Aragon‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Aragon has a market cap of $ 80,574,945, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 454,384,812,700, Litecoin at $ 4,399,221,059, Ethereum at $ 208,371,420,647, Tether at $ 66,543,814,297, and XRP at $ 18,298,046,637.
What is the price of Aragon (ANT) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Aragon is $ 2.11 in USD. (The price in Euros is 2,07 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00008880 BTC.)
What is Aragon‘s (ANT) market supply?
The total available supply of Aragon is 38,198,457 ANT. The total supply of Aragon is 43,165,290 ANT.
What is the 24 hour volume for Aragon (ANT)?
The 24 hour volume for Aragon is $ 9,086,711.
How has Aragon (ANT) performed recently?
Aragon‘s price has increased in the last 24 hours by 4.12%. This compares with a seven day change of 7.64%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 9,086,711. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Aragon (ANT) official website?
Links to Aragon‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Aragon (ANT) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Aragon has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Aragon (ANT)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Vitalik: Layer-2 scaling will make crypto payments 'make sense' again — KBW 2022Cointelegraph.com News - 2 hours ago“It’s a vision that has been, I think, forgotten a little bit and I think one of the reasons why it has been forgotten is…
- Aurora Labs exec details 'fascinating and devious' crypto scam he almost fell forCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoA sharp-eyed escrow agent and a screenshot saved Aurora Labs’ head of product Matt Henderson from losing his tokens to scammers. Aurora Labs’ head of…
- 60 million NFTs could be minted in a single transaction: StarkWare founderCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe StarkWare founder announced the launch of its new Recursive validity proof technology on Aug. 7 in Seoul. Zero-knowledge (ZK) rollup tech company StarkWare founder…
- Once-hacked for $77M, Beanstalk's algo stablecoin protocol relaunchesCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoBeanstalk Farms stablecoin protocol was relaunched on Aug. 6 with the team working to hopefully reclaim the $100 million market cap of its BEAN stablecoin…
- How Bitcoin whales make a splash in markets and move pricesCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoAre the Whales selling in this bear market? A deep dive into the on-chain data of whales. Deriving their names from the size of the…