What is Ampleforth?
So many of the cryptocurrencies that have been developed are focused on either providing better ways to utilize their specific digital currency, or being able to do things better, faster, more efficiently than others. And then there is Ampleforth, which has an interesting basis for it's existence. It has as a goal the desire to keep inflation under control, and by doing so, become the defacto digital currency that all other digital currencies will be based on. This is no small task, as you might imagine.
How Will It Do This
Ampleforth is designed to fluctuate within a small band of prices. When the price of Ampleforth is inside this band, nothing happens with the supply and the price is allowed to fluctuate. However, once per day the price is checked to see where it is. If it is outside of this narrow band, the supply of Ampleforth will be either expanded or contracted by adding or removing some from the ecosystem. Think about that notion for a minute. In the real world it is impossible for a central bank to take a certain amount of money out of circulation instantaneously. Likewise, while they could add money to circulation, it isn't instantaneous as it would take time to work through the system. Yet Ampleforth is able to do this once per day if necessary.
While you might think that this would mean people's money is adjusted, potentially daily, what is done is that their percentage of the total supply remains the same. If you had 5% of the total circulating tokens, whether tokens were removed or added, you would still have that same 5% of the total circulating. Ampleforth's narrow band of value is centered around $1, and if it goes too high or too low, the rebalancing will take place. If the price goes up, then tokens are added to what is in circulation; if the price goes down, tokens will be removed from what is in circulation.
Looking to get started in trading cryptocurrency? Crypto.co has a guide to help get you started
What are Ampleforth Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Ampleforth (AMPL) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Ampleforth currently ranks in position 390 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Ampleforth‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Ampleforth has a market cap of $ 58,444,484, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 549,119,549,517, Litecoin at $ 4,405,111,744, Ethereum at $ 211,715,364,445, Tether at $ 72,634,362,108, and XRP at $ 18,710,162,606.
What is the price of Ampleforth (AMPL) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Ampleforth is $ 0.88864 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,831811 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00003084 BTC.)
What is Ampleforth‘s (AMPL) market supply?
The total available supply of Ampleforth is 65,770,612 AMPL. The total supply of Ampleforth is 66,068,878 AMPL.
What is the 24 hour volume for Ampleforth (AMPL)?
The 24 hour volume for Ampleforth is $ 644,599.
How has Ampleforth (AMPL) performed recently?
Ampleforth‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -2.62%. This compares with a seven day change of -0.90%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 644,599. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Ampleforth (AMPL) official website?
Links to Ampleforth‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Ampleforth (AMPL) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Ampleforth has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Ampleforth (AMPL)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- On-chain data flashes Bitcoin buy signals, but the bottom could be under $20KCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoMultiple indicators signal that BTC could be in a “buy zone” but analysts caution that its price could still dip below $20,000. Every Bitcoin investor…
- One River's spot Bitcoin ETF application rejected by SECCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThe proposed environmentally conscious spot ETF was found to be insufficiently protected against fraud and manipulation, like many ETF proposals before it. The United States…
- Falling Bitcoin price doesn't affect El Salvador: 'Now it's time to buy more,' reveals Deputy Dania GonzalezCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoIn an exclusive interview with Cointelegraph, a policymaker from El Salvador reveals how BTC has been helping the country change people’s lives. Dania Gonzalez, Deputy…
- WEMIX gains 200%+ after stablecoin and boosted staking rewards announcementCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoNew partnerships, a mainnet upgrade and plans to launch a stablecoin appear to have triggered a 200% rally in WEMIX price. Blockchain-based gaming, also known…
- Crypto Biz: Smart Money is betting big on Web3, layer 2, May 19-25Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoDespite the apparent bear market in digital assets, venture capital continues to allocate billions to crypto and blockchain startups. Billions and billions. That’s what venture…