What is Aion?
Aion (AION) is a token used as the fuel to develop new blockchains on the Aion network. It is the primary method users can interact with the Aion network when staking. Developing any application on this network also requires the use Aion tokens as the Aion Virtual Machine is run using the tokens. You can connect an Aion network to another blockchain by staking Aion tokens and building a Bridge Registry Contract. Aion token is based on the Ethereum blockchain. In other words, it is an erc20 token , however, once the Aion network is developed fully, it will be possible to convert these tokens into Aion network tokens and back, but by the end of November, erc20 tokens will not be supported. During the swap, holders will get an equal equivalent of Aion coins as their erc20 tokens
Aion network is a third-generation, multi-tier blockchain system that enables the passing of value and logic among various participating blockchain. The platform was developed to address the issues plaguing the blockchain such as scalability, interoperability and privacy. It is now possible to securely connect blockchains and also have dissimilar networks communicate with each other.
AION token comes with its own Aion Wallet and is listed in a number of exchanges. These exchanges include Binance, Ethfinex, Liqui, Kucoin, Koinex, Bitfinex and Bancor Network among others. It is also supported by other wallets including Exodus, Inifinito and Citowise. You can decide to keep your tokens either in any of your preferred wallets or exchanges.
The project has an able team of scientists and developers with engineers Aayush, Alexandra and Ali leading the pack.
- Historical Data
- Here’s why Ethereum bulls don’t care about Friday’s $40M ETH options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoDespite $40 million in Ethereum options expiring on Friday, multiple indicators favor bulls as ETH 2.0 approaches. In the last few days Bitcoin (BTC) price…
- Chinese city seeks to power urban governance and more using blockchain techCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours ago30 new blockchain adoption applications will be considered as part of the city’s two-year plan. Authorities in Chengdu, China plan to adopt blockchain for several…
- Binance CEO denies allegations that the exchange’s US arm is a regulatory decoyCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours ago“Binance has always operated within the boundaries of the law,” said CZ. Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, is pushing back hard against allegations that the…
- Tax professional explains the most important thing for US crypto holdersCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoTax season is confusing, especially when it comes to crypto. Wendy Walker, solution principal at the tax compliance company Sovos, described reporting as the most…
- Declining DEX volumes reflect DeFi investors shift to Bitcoin, data showsCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoSteadily declining DEX trading volumes and disintegrating DeFi token prices suggest investors have shifted their focus back to Bitcoin. All eyes are set on Bitcoin…