What is Aeternity?
Aeternity is a platform for developing smart contracts founded by Yanislav Malahov, one of the earliest members of the Ethereum team. It differentiates from other platforms which do the same by running smart contracts on "state channels" instead of a blockchain. Smart contracts are normally signed and then executed and verified peer-to-peer. In case of conflict, Aeternity's blockchain can check them for correctness. This relieves the blockchain from congestion and, besides providing privacy for the contractors and reducing costs, it also solves most part of the scalability problem currently afflicting most major smart contract platforms.
It also introduces oracles, which links smart contracts to real-world decision-makers. In many cases, smart contracts depend upon reporting facts which cannot be obtained purely by code, so human (or IoT) oracles are designated to stake their coins in such contracts' results, e.g.., weather conditions or election results.
The platform makes use of both PoS and PoW, although PoS is used exclusively for their delegated PoS-system. Authentication consensus is reached using an ASIC-resistant PoW system called Cuckoo Cycle in which even mobile devices are able to mine efficiently. Thus, Aeternity is a PoW blockchain with a dPoS system for governance.
What are Aeternity Frequenty Asked Questions?
Where does Aeternity (AE) rank among in terms of popularity? How relevant is it compared to competitors?
In terms of popularity, Aeternity currently ranks in position 362 out of the thousands of cryptocurrencies. It is also important to consider Aeternity‘s market cap – in general, the higher the market cap of a cryptocurrency, the more dominant it is considered to be in the market. Aeternity has a market cap of $ 50,786,188, which compares to Bitcoin (the most popular cryptocurrency by several metrics) with a market cap of $ 867,746,168,228, Litecoin at $ 11,124,474,800, Ethereum at $ 165,891,617,656, Tether at $ 35,173,739,369, and XRP at $ 19,378,757,016.
What is the price of Aeternity (AE) today (updated in realtime)?
The current price of Aeternity is $ 0.134293 in USD. (The price in Euros is 0,111242 €; and the price in Bitcoin is Ƀ 0.00000300 BTC.)
What is Aeternity‘s (AE) market supply?
The total available supply of Aeternity is 377,944,635 AE. The total supply of Aeternity is 536,306,702 AE.
What is the 24 hour volume for Aeternity (AE)?
The 24 hour volume for Aeternity is $ 11,569,829.
How has Aeternity (AE) performed recently?
Aeternity‘s price has decreased in the last 24 hours by -2.99%. This compares with a seven day change of -33.89%. The trading volume over the last 24 hours was $ 11,569,829. Trading volume indicates how many units of a currency are being bought and sold on specific exchanges. High trading volumes are likely to drive more on-chain activity, for example when people deposit and withdraw funds. It can be a good indicator of the general interest in the cryptocurrency.
What is Aeternity (AE) official website?
Links to Aeternity‘s official website, social accounts, blockchain explorer, and Github repository if applicable.
Has Aeternity (AE) performed well historically?
Here is a chart showing how Aeternity has performed historically.
Where Can I Buy Aeternity (AE)?
Here is a breakdown of the current market prices from top cryptocurrency exchanges.
Charts & Market Data
- Transparent stablecoins? Conclusion of Tether vs. NYAG raises new questionsCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThough the Tether settlement may help bring in more transparency, experts believe that state-centric bans may not be the way out. A long-standing legal drama…
- Dogecoin hasn't always been a 'fun meme coin'Cointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoDid you know that Dogecoin used to sponsor a NASCAR driver? Learn some unbelievable stories behind Elon Musk’s “favorite” cryptocurrency. Dogecoin (DOGE) might look like…
- Bitcoin sell-off over? Strong 'buy the dip' signal flashes for the first time in 5 monthsCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoBitcoin is retesting a key support level at $44K-$45K for the third time in the past week. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) has dropped to…
- Professional traders need a global crypto sea, not hundreds of lakesCointelegraph.com News - 20 hours agoThe cryptocurrency trading market is in its early stages, with regulations playing a key role in market fragmentation. Coinbase’s IPO announcement has been hailed as…
- Inverse Finance seizes tokens, ships code: Launches stablecoin lending protocolCointelegraph.com News - 1 day agoOne of DeFi’s strangest experiments continues to push the envelope in both governance and architecture. Shortly after culling its community of inactive members, one of…